cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial GR for account assignment K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the PO s where the client use K as accnt assignment but in th PO quantity they have Eg: 10000 EA and  OPU as 1 per USD. Instead of having in the quantity field as 1 AU and the net price as 10,000 USD , they are doing in a different way so that they can do partial GR. Is that the right approach or best practices? When client doing the GR they have flexibility of doing partial GR since the quantity is in 10000 EA , but the reporting will have issues.  What would be the best practice in order to do Partial GR with account assignment K ?

Please help!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member190990
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prenil,

In case of service POs, to post partial GRs, it is good to put it this way -

1 AU - 10,000 $ for the actual service

In PO-

10,000 AU - 1$.

This will help in posting partial GRs and yes it is the right way!

Regards,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the Unit of measure is the confusing part? In the PO it should be 10,000 EA  1 $ /USD

or

1 AU  and  Net price - 10,000 USD?

Let me put the question in this way?

What would be the best practices in order to do Partial GR for expenses line item for non stock items in a Service PO ? Since it is a non stock item is that possible to do a partial GR and if so how should the quantity in PO line item should look like and while doing a GR?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What benefit do you have in posting fractions of 1?

Depending on the quantity you may even get rounding issues.

If I order 1, then it means usually for me it is unbreakable. e.g. 1 car, you would never accept to get a half car.

If I  order 1 box (with 20 smaller packages inside) then I want the 1 box, otherwise I would have ordered 20 packages.

If you already know that your vendor is not reliable in regard to the quantity, then you should use the unit which makes you less problems

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to use 10,000 EA  1 $ / USD to do partial GR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not using any item category for this particular line item with expenses , neither any material. So while the expenses are put down Client uses for Ex: at the header level 10,000 EA in the quantity field as the dollars in the PO.  I would to confirm if this is the best practice? The only reason why they do this because the client hav e the flexibility to do MIGO partially but i believe there could be another way to do it. Let me know.

Thanks!

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not using item category, then your process is okay.

You can use the quantity as per partial GR. You can't do GR for amount only. You have to include the quantity.

I assume your main aim is to do partial receive amount only.

Suppose you have created a PO with value 10000. Now you want to receive only 100 for the PO.

As per my experience quantity is the best approach to achieve this.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

prenil poulose wrote:

but the reporting will have issues.

What kind of issue ? I don't think there should be any issue.

Can you give more information about your process, like as Are you using any item category, it is with material or without material.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know what is the so called "different way" your client is following?

If its an consumption PO with account assignment K, for example, the quantity field is open and you can enter the quantity and price directly in PO. You can do partial GR as well. This is standard scenario.

You may refer the help doc: 129 Consumable Purchasing (Material and Services) which shares the standard BPP.

Regards,

AKPT