Formatting a Date dimension
Can you change the format of a date dimension. I have a date coming in from my data source in the mm/dd/yyyy format and I need it to be mm/yy. I tried FormatDate function but was not successful. Any suggestions?
Noel Scheaffer replied
If it is a date I think we are all making this more complicated than it needs to be. I think you just need to create a custom format of MM'/'yy. To do that do the following...
- Click on the date column in your report that you want to format.
- Click on the "Format" tab in the top row.
- Click on the "Numbers" tab in the second row.
- Click "Date/Time" and choose a sample format that is close to what you want to seed the custom format you are about to create.
- Click "Custom".
- Type MM'/'yy in the the Date/Time field.
- Click "Add".
- Click "OK".
You have to be using the Java Applet or Rich Desktop versions of Web Intelligence to be able to create a custom format. Once you have done so it can be used in the HTML version of Web Intelligence; it just can't be created there.
Does that help?