cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I sell our SAP WD to business over .dotNet / JAVA / HTML5?

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a business requirement that the users will enter the input data on the my_screen of PC / Mobil device (iPad) and clicks the save / submit button then some custom SAP workflow should trigger, say, my_workflow, finally a master record should be created in backend SAP after performing all validations / approvals successfully

The my_screen should be a tabbed format screen, it should have 10 tabs

So, our SAP IT department is suggesting SAP WebDyn Pro ABAP solution to the business, at the same time dotNet / JAVA IT team is suggesting their solution, I mean, the dotNet / Java team is saying that they will build a web app based on .dotNet / JAVA / HTML5, so business is thinking what

approach they want to pick either SAP's WD ABAP team's or .dotNet / JAVA / HTML5 team's for their requirement

Seems, in the 1st day meeting the business users are showing more interest on dotNet / Java / HTML5 team

But, pls. note that business has dynamic requirements, I mean, say, on  my_screen there should be a field, say for example, LANGUAGE drop down field, in today's world business want to have ENGLISH and SPANISH in drop down pick list box, well, but tomorrow business want to add FRENCH as a 3rd one, then, they want to maintain in a custom table in SAP directly in production so that the app should show all the 3 languages, I mean, by maintaining in a custom table directly in production they want to have a immediate effect on app with out IT help, same like MESSAGEs description, ling texts, field labels/captions they want to have a dynamic approach

Pls. suggest us how we can sell our SAP WD ABAP solution to the? Wht are the advantages / plus points that we hv over .dotNet / JAVA / HTML5?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is business interested to go with SAP as a solution or with some other solutions?

On my view:

By using  non-sap tools (.net/java/html5), they can achieve better look and feel but they are missing sap erp benefits altogether if they do not choose SAP.

Let us say, if business use .net/java/html5, are they still pushing/pulling data to/from SAP ? If so, here integration efforts, data mapping efforts would need to be considered.

Please refer to the below links, which would give you fair idea on this.

SAP NetWeaver – SAP WebDynpro VS Microsoft .NET VS Java : UI Technology Choices : Get The Facts

Regards,

Rama

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Btwn.... for your question my answer is: Yes, we need a intensive data transfer between UI & backend SAP ERP bcz as I mentioned its a master record creation, for example, Vendor Master - LFA1.

Provide 2 links: But unfortunately both links are not talking about app user / customer / end-user in business. But, as we knew Customer is the decision maker / funds provider / jobs creator

So, as of now it seems SAP WD does NOT have any additional advantages or selling points than a .NET / JAVA / HTML5 based built app, on top of that these non-SAP technologies has a awesome look & feel, flexibility, mobile devise compatibility, more support / research / upgrade / New UIs from these non-SAP technologies

Hence I guess as I don't have any SAP WD selling points with me hence our business end-users will vote to .NET / JAVA / HTML5 based built app, Hmmm

Thank you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to look at SAPUI5, SAP HTML5 framework 😉

Thanks Jiri

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestion, I agree with you.

But, in that case we (my company) has to engage resources from the market externally by paying more money, wherein additional cost

Seems, WDA can't compete with dotNet / JAVA / HTML5, hmmmm

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help pls.?

Thank you