cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio working for ipad,iphone, and desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm new to the SAP design studio world. My first task that has been assigned to me is to see what is the capability of Design Studio to have a singular file and have the CSS be reflective of Iphone,Ipad and Desktop.

1) Is this even possible? There is very limited document out there discussing in depth about design studio

2) If possible what has to be done to be able to get something like this to work?

3) I guess if all is good how maintainable is something like this.

I understand design studio is still pretty new and a lot of people are still using Dashboard Design, but any insight on this would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Scottie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Scottie,

in addition to the valid information from Tammy, you cna refer to the PAM for supported devices. in Mobile area thesupported way is to use SAP BI Mobile as entry point.

to your question, you can create the application once and then open on desktop or iPad. I would be carefully with iPhone, as this is small device and not all components are supported (see documentation).

Also, it is today a bit tricky to change the CSS based on the device - there will be a better way in 1.4 release as there it will be possible to get the client header sring in BIAL scripts. and by that you can assign different CSS classes to the components.

welcome to Design Studio!

Regards, Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

Thanks for the feedback. We have ran into an initial issue, without trying to make the CSS to be responsive. We have deployed a simple design studio project. Found it on the Ipad and on the desktop, but logging into my iphone I do not see the project there? Any suggestions on this?

Also what is the best way to obtain these documents that you guys are referring to?

Thanks,

Scottie

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scottie - the link to the help is at

SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.3 SP01 – SAP Help Portal Page

There is some guidance/advice on iPhones on page 33 at at http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD13/en/ds13SP01_user_en.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I tried going through the tutorial for the iphone. I saved the file to my favorites on an SAP enterprise environment, but on my iphone when I pull it up nothing shows up. Do you have any suggestions on that?

Thanks,

Scottie

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See this document for steps. - wrong link

uuse this link

Message was edited by: Tammy Powlas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tammy i went through it but had no luck it doesn't show up on my phone.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of the BI Platform are you using ?

Did the Design Studio Mobile service get installed on the platform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP BusinessObjects Mobile 5.1 and Design Studio 1.3

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mobile 6.06 is out - can you upgrade to that?

are you on BI4.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using BI 4.1 and I do not know about the Design Studio Mobile service? Is there any way to verify I have that installed? I did a normal install of Design Studio

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the mobile service is part of the Design Studio BI platform add-on

are you using SP1 of Design Studio 1.3?

I also think you should probably be on Mobile BI 6.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe I'm on SP 1 of design studio 1.3 and I'm on version 6.8 of the mobile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I notice the pdf you sent me was for Ipad. Would there be any different between Ipad and Iphone, because I can see the project on ipad.

former_member193885
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not seeing the DS Application after logging into the BI 4.1 system from your Mobi app make sure you have the config mentioned on Page 113 of the document below.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/608_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf

1. On the BI platform server, navigate to the <SAP BusinessObjects Installation directory>\Tomcat

\webapps\MobileBIService\WEB-INF\classes\internal\zen.properties file.

2. Change the document.supported.devices property as follows:

○ document.supported.devices = ipad, iphone

3. Stop the Tomcat server.

4. Clear the cache of the Tomcat server

5. Restart the Tomcat server.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scottie - yes, this is possible

See

If you are new, I would try using the iPhone templates.

Also search SCN - I searched "Design Studio" "iPhone" and over 200+ results came back.

Tammy