cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Scheduling Agreements as EDI to thirdparty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to automate the process of sending the updated scheduling agreements if there are any differences in the validity range of the items. For this I need to trigger an EDI output from the program. I can directly call the routine RSNASTED routine after updating NAST entries but is there any standard way to trigger an EDI from the program ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard way to communicate is via messages.

If you did a change, then you should have a change message, except you missed your standard message customizing or made each field as not change relevant.

There is no standard process to add messages from outside to a purchase order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I have changed the Scheduling Agreement via BAPI_PO_CHANGE and it created another version for the scheduling agreement. Now we want to trigger an output type for this changed agreement which in turn generates the IDOC which needs to be sent for third party system.

What do you mean by messages here ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in ME21N is a bigger button called "Messages" , after clicking it you get to a view which has all output types from your PO.

After the fact is customizing useless.

you have to do your usual message customizing and condition record maintenance, and then you can execute your changes with the BAPI and the IDOC will show up automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way we can do programatically to trigger the output type ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use transaction MN10 or MN11 to set up an automatic process to send EDI while creating/updating the scheduling agreement after the NAST entry is maintained.