Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import CSV file: column count mismatch by always 1

michaelvk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to import data from a CSV file into a HANA db table with an .hdbti file.

I have a large structure of 332 fields in the table. When I activate the files to start the import, I always get the following message:

CSV table column count mismatch. The CSV-file: Test.data:data.csv does not match to target table: Test.data::test. The number of columns (333) in csv record 1 is higher than the number of columns (332) in the table.

But even if I delete the last column in the CSV file, the message stays the same. I also tried adding an additional field in the table on HANA, but then the column numbers in the error message just increase by 1. Then the message is: The number of columns (334) in csv record 1 is higher than the number of columns (333) in the table.

So, it seems, whatever I do, the system thinks always that the csv file has one column too much.

With another smaller structure of 5 fields, the import worked that way.

Do you have an idea what the problem could be?

Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

It may be coz of delimiter problem or something. Can you paste the control file content here. So that i can check it out. Issue may be in your control file.

Also if you can show the contents of the your *.err error log file, we can have a broader picture.

Regards,

Safiyu

0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal

Did you resolve the Issue?

Regards

Shashank K

michaelvk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Shashank,

no I didn´t solve this issue, but I also didn´t follow it up further, because this was just a test system and I was just playing around a bit, to see how it works.