Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re navigation between views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Webdynpro.I have following queries regarding view navigation

1) When we navigate from one view to another, How the path is calculated will it

use a relative path or the absolute path is considered? Is there any way I can see what url is called when we navigate using outbound plug? (In case of JSP we can specify the next jsp to called from the approot folder.So the relative path is considered)

2)Is there any way to navigate from one view to another other than that of using inbound and outbound plugs. Is there any way to get the URL of a view so that

when we click on the URL we can navigate to the view

Thanks in Advance

Veerabhadram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use both inbound and outbound plugs for both views and create navigation link between them. After created this, create action for them. for example:

If you click next. it will take to next page. If you click previous it takes you to previous page.

Here you have to create two actions. if you have any quation please get back to me.

Thankx

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veerabhadram,

In Webdynpro Application Navigation is nothing but switching over from one view

to another view say view1 to View2. This can be done by plugs.

There are two types of plug:

1)Inbound Plug

2)OutBound Plug

In every first view has its default inboung plug. At the time when you call

your webdynpro application , interface will call this default inbound plug.

So only we can see our first page in the web browser.

Navigation between two views defined by Outbound and inbound plugs. Which can be connected by Navigation Links. Assume that you are in View1. When you trigger the outbound plugs the corresponding action will be carried out and the navigation will takeplace to a inpound plug which is linked with the corresponding outbound plug.

For more information please gothrough this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/5f/45093f7c392e5ae10000000a114084/content.htm

I dont think we can do Navigations without plugs.

Regards,

Ramganesan K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Webdynpro framework provides you the facility to "Navigate between the Views without specifying the URL" i.e., just by creating the Navigation plugs and links between the views. In simple terms it reduces the development time compared to JSP Dyn Pages.

You can just go through the following link for the reference:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/bb8c6cc7131d67e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm">Navigation, Plugs and Navigation Links</a>

Regards,

Anil

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Veerabhadram,

see my tutorial number 2 on https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/webcontent/uuid/b1a3e990-0201-0010-aeb2-a2ef5bc3da8e">creating [original link is broken] [original link is broken]. It describes the Web Dynpro navigation concept.

Regards, Bertram