cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining original filename in FILE->SOAP->SOAP->FILE

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have faced a scenario where I have to retain original filename in File-> SOAP-> SOAP ->File. The issue is that we don't have any ESR objects and neither do we intend to create any. So its purely configuration to transfer file from one folder to another.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Swati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

I hope soap message is from one PI to another PI system. If yes, try these settings

1. in File sender channel, enable ASMA for FileName

2. in receiver soap channel select Keep Headers

3. in sender soap channel select Keep Headers

4. in File receiver channel, enable ASMA for FileName

Best Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

0 Kudos

Hello Swati,

Even after trying the above steps suggested by Praveen, if you don't get the results use Dynamic Configurations module in the Receiver channel along with the above settings.

1) Make sure the above settings are done (given by Praveen)

2) Assign a new variable as the file name parameter under receiver channel configurations.

3) Assign the "message:interface_name" value to the variable under Variable Substitution

4)Under Module Tab do the following:

Let me know if you still face any further issue.

Regards,

Simran

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simran,

I am bit wondering why variable substitution is required, when FileName is being carried by Dynamic Header

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

0 Kudos

Praveen: Even I find that odd, but the thing is if we user * instead of a variable the receiver channels throws an error for the "*" value not identified kind of.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried, its not working..

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share MONI screen shots for Dynamic configuration (SOAP Header) for steps 1,2,3, 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

the dynamic configuration for file name is not being transferred from SOAP-->SOAP

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the below thread -

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I have checked it already, a number of solutions there involve udf and mapping. I can do neither since we are not making any message mapping.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then AFAIK there is no standard way of doing it. .