cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table data from SolMan system

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to develop a report which should display data from a standard table in Solution Manager system.

Initially i wanted to create a rfc but I dropped since the table doesn't exist in my development system.

Please share your thoughts on this. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you want to read Solman data from your ECC system, right?

As genric FM like RFC_READ_TABLE don't use the actual structure but map to CHAR 512, you don't need any customer FM. the problem shoulds not be related to RFC, but to creation of an internal table in a system (ECC) using a structure defined in another system (Solman), so not usable in DATA statement of ECC.

So if you don't want to create a similar table/structure in ECC (and maintain it later) you could create a dynamic table, getting information on remote (Solman) structure with a RFC enabled FM like DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET, and creating the local data with cl_abap_structdescr and other RTTS tools as described in many threads.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your answer. I tried as you said but our solman system doesn't contain those generic rfc's to read table data.

Regards,

Satish

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your version, my Solman Systems contain RFC_READ_TABLE and DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET ?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

It was actually an authorization issue. Yeah I can access those rfc's now.

Finally i found a solution for this issue. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to have the table in your dictionary to be able to read it by RFC ?  strange requierement

regards

Fred

0 Kudos

Hello Fred,

The table exists in solman system but it doesn't exist in dev system.

- satish

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and ?

what is the problem with that ?

0 Kudos

Lets assume

I need to read data from xyz table which lies in solman.

Now I create an rfc 'zrfc' (in my dev system) in which I write a select statement on table xyz.

then i will pass the data to table parameter of rfc 't_xyz' (which is of type xyz).

Here i get an error "table xyz doesn't exist".

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you creating the RFC on your development system if you're wanting to read data in the SOLMAN system?