cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW- change measurements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I must import new measuremets of rental objects . I bulid LSMW with BAPI, business object=BUS1504, method=change. I would like to enter new measurement from date…..It’s ok,if type od measurement not exist. But if was so type, it’s problem. I must close previously type, but how  can I do it by
lsmw?

I wrote next subproject to  close previously type of measurement. I set change indicator=U and date to….. During execute  system call  date from . Objects have diferent date from and different Value . I can’t write it w LSMW.

Is any way to change date to the type of  last measurement? Is there any parameter to set?

Rgds, Stenwa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

you canot change existing measurements by changing the valid from field. It is key field in the table that gets updated, so it is not changeable.

If you want to add new timeslice for existing measurement types, you have to update (=U) the old one by setting valid to date, and you have to insert (=I) the new one with new valid from date.

Regards
Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did exactly how you write:

"update (=U) the old one by setting valid to date, and you have to insert (=I) the new one with new valid from date"

To update old  I set change indicator=U and date to…..but  during start Idoc, system wants  date from. It can't found my previously measurement, I think so.Is any way to change date to the type of  last measurement? Is there any parameter to set?

Rgds, Stenwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean with last measurement?

When updating the existing measurement you of course have to fill the valid from date, because with help of this you can identify the measurement. So you have to fill it but you canot change it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Last measurement it is that which hasn't MeasValidTo. I have some measurements the same type, one close and I open next,....and so on,  I have last measurement without MeasValidTo.

I want create new as possible the simplest way.It's a lot of work, if I must change Valid Last last measurement and give date from. It is not certain, it will be identyfied.

In my project at first I prepared number of rental unit, business entity and measurement Time. Date to  I write as constant and I thought it is ok. Maybe is parameter which find last time from to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm ok I do not work with LSMW so I canot say any way how to get the last entry of a measurement.

I would prefer a custom report and change the measurements with BAPI function, there you can SORT your internal measurements table by valid to date DESCENDING.

Former Member
0 Kudos

REISMSBD jest good custom report. I sort it by VALIDTO and I get records to change date. I dont work with BAPI function. It is possible, you explain me, how do it, step by step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

REISMSBD is a standard information system report from SAP. It only displays data.

You have to create an custom Z-Report and implement the whole measuerement scneario from uploading an excel/ASCII file to storing the measurements with API function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, 

I m not ABAPer and can't change measurement with BAPI function. I bulid LSMW with BAPI. I solved my problem. I created 2 subprojects. One updated Date TO,data I exported from raport REISMSBDdo excel,  adapted them  and import by LSMW to system. Was helpful your suggestion, that I have to fill the VALID FROM because it can identify the measurement. Because of it I have to add VALUE_AVAIL, system demanded it to identify, I think so. And this allowed me to change VALID TO of last measuremet. I was suprised, because that are not  key fields. Second suproject entered new measurements.

It may be easier to do it, but I did so as i could.

Rgds, Stenwa