Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Background Jobs during restart

Hello All,

we have planned maintenance window ffor OS patching for  which SAP and database will remain stopped for more than 7 hours.

I will execute btctrsn1 and what would happen to the jobs that are duplicate (runs after 15 mins) and non duplicate non SAP standard jobs.

Will they run with delay when i run btctrns2 after starting or will they be cancelled?

Regards,

Mohit

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello All,

Here is my experience with the suspending the jobs.

I executed btctrns1 before stopping the SAP system and started system after 8 hours and then executed btctrsn2.

After that all jobs that were suspended were executed and finished successfully and no jobs were cancelled.

And would also like to add point on

"This is not a "catch up" race, if a job's start date was in the past, then its past.

Gone, over, finito, bye bye"

The past queued jobs do get executed and finished and none of them get cancelled.

How we can simply ignore past jobs as other jobs may have dependency on these jobs and it is really not a "catup race".

I request to all that SCN community is really important to all of us and it is really important that we keep it clean and try to share experience and not simply post the comments of others for getting greedy of points.

Thanks to all anyways, I am closing the post now.

Regards,

Mohit

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question