cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory full & request could not be submitted to process for Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am encountering crystal report error. I have a database that store around 19k records some with and without pictures.

I am a newbie and I customized my own report. When trying to generate report for the whole database, the pictures does not appear. However, when I try to generate report with lesser records, the pictures do appear. It seems to be the picture size that may affect this. But I cannot imagine myself going to each and every record to resize the image file. May I know if it is possible to resize all the image file size at one go using SQL?

FYI, I'm using Crystal Report XI R2 ver 11.5.12.1838 and 64 bit windows 7.

Also, I opened the report through another software which is in 32 bit mode.

On top of that, I have difficulty saving the report or printing the report to PDF. Whenever I print to PDF, it print several pages and then it keeps saying memory full or this request could not be submitted for processing. As it is urgent for me to come up with this report, what I've been doing is to print the report in many PDF files and then combine all into one PDF which is super time-consuming. Please help. Thank You.

PY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Teo

Re:

is possible to resize all the image file size at one go using SQL?

This is a question better suited to the support org of the database you are using(?).

One thing you do n ot mention is the version of .NET you are using - a rather important piece of info...

What database are you using? What is the db client version? How are you connecting to the db?

Another thing to consider; do the report work in the CR XI R2 designer? If not, they will not work at runtime either...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Server side:

1. OS - Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 64-bits

2. DB - Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
3. .NET Framework Installed: v3.5

4. Runtime - Business Objects: 10.5

Client Side:

1. OS - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bits

2. .NET Framework Installed: v3.5

3. Runtime - Business Objects: Suite 11.5

Crystal Report Version: Crystal Report XI R2 ver 11.5.12.1838 SP6

In crystal report, I connect the database using > OLE DB (ADO) > Microsoft OLE DB Provider For SQL Server. After that, I entered the credentials that has the full access to the database.

The report works in CR XI R2 designer. I am able to print to PDF. However, when I try to load all the records in database with pictures, the pictures will not appear once the report is done generating.

I am able to save/export all other reports without picture but not the report with pictures.

However, I can print to PDF if I run the report with little records.

PY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to check if I were to call the support hotline and hoping to receive help from remote session, how much will it cost?

Thank You.

PY

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teo

This appears to be a report design issue in CR XI R2 (e.g.; it does not work there - worry about runtime later...). Now there are a few things to consider;

1) CR XI R2 is out of support so you can not create a support incident. In order for you to be able to do that, you'd have to upgrade to CR 2013. Eval of 2013 is here:

SME Free Trials | SME Software | SAP

Phone incidents can be created here:

Crystal Single Case Technical Support - SAP Business Objects US Online Store | SAP Online Store

2) CR is not a good archiving or graphics utility. E.g.; I am not sure how many pictures / records you are retrieving when the report fails, but see the following:

KBA: 1964141 - Supported image format in Crystal Reports

3) It's never a good idea to create a report in version Y of CR and then try to run that report in a .NET app that is using runtime of version Y - z (at minimum be on the same version both in the app and the designer.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Out of all the records, 8 out of 10 are with pictures. I realize that are some pictures with gif format, hence, I shall try to eliminate that format in my database first and see how it goes after...

As you mentioned, crystal report is not a good graphic utility. Does it apply to CR2013 as well?

If this is the case, all of my efforts on this report has gone to waste... As the database might get bigger in future and there will be more records with picture...

I tried installing CR2013... the results is still the same.. What I did was to open the rpt.file I saved in CR XI R2 in CR2013... Tried to run all records but pictures are not appearing once the report is done generating...

Please guide me. Thanks...

PY

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A small number of pictures (8 to 10(?)), should not be an issue. Hundreds of pictures will be an issue - designer, or runtime.

Now. Looking at this KBA:

1964141 - Supported image format in Crystal Reports

Only the following picture formats are supported:

JPG, BMP, TIF and PNG. So, seeing as you are using GIF, that may indeed be part of the issue.

Re. limits of CR with images. There has been no change from CR XI to CR 2013 in terms of how CR handles images.

- Ludek

Answers (0)