Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG Custom data Model- Change Request Type is not displaying

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I build a custom object Location with all the UI and workflow modeling, but in NWBC my change request type is not displaying.

Note:- I checked Data Model, UI as well as my change request, all look fines.

Can anyone please let me know whether I missing anything.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a button in your screenshot called "Change Model". Click it and select your custom object data model. The change request should show up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakeet

Did you check table USMD110C is updated for your custom data model and data model is maintained against your CR type in customization?

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for the response.

yes, I already checked the USMD110C table and entries are maintained  correctly against my CR type and Data Model combination.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

Please reconfirm you followed all steps as per below documents

Configuring Master Data Governance for Custom Objects ...

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for the reply.

I followed the below document:-

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80cfacff-803f-2f10-ec92-9af0dd9fd...

which is having all the same steps as mentioned in the link provided by you above.

the only difference is I didnt' create any role rather than as per the link, I created the webdynpro appln directly as shown in (page19), but somehow the CR type is not visible in my page.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

Belive you maintained USMD Model for Custom UI and mentioned it under enity type in create change request type note also.

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

yes I assigned the data model to my custom UI in field USMD_MODEL.

But, In  entity type section of create CR type, UI configuration is read-only.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

It is the issue. Do reconfirm all steps as per document as it should be editable. Refer page 16

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for the response, Yes, when I configured the scenario and followed the document I thought of the same. But, when I created the CR type and try to enter the UI configuration details, system doesn't allow for the same and removed the value also through the below information message:-

-------------------

Chg.request type : 'Scenario', 'UI Config', 'Optional' are initialized

Message no. USMD2070

Diagnosis

In change request type you have entered a Scenario (or a UI Configuration) for at least one entity type, or you have set the Optional indicator for at least one entity type. However, this is only allowed for change request types that edit individual objects, and of these, only for the leading entity type.

System Response

If change request type is a change request type that edits individual objects, the system has deleted the scenarios and UI configurations and has removed the Optional indicator for all entity types, with the exception of the leading entity type.

If change request type  is a change request type that can contain more than one object, the system has deleted the scenarios and UI configurations and has removed the Optional indicator for all entity types.

--------------------------

Note:- I checked this work perfectly as per the data model provided in the link with only one Type 1 entity, But now when I have extended the data model with one type 1 entity and type 4 entity and two type 3 entities it is not working. I checked my data model and it is correct and also activated.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Provide the UI config for the Change Request Type ,it should show you in the Drop down Type.

Yes once you create the entry ,it would be read only, so the solution is you go to the toolbar, in the "Goto/Edit ", you will get an option to change Selected entries. Provide Your Config ID in it. and check what have you selected Multiple object processing or Single Object processing.

Cheers,

Rupesh

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh and Sanjay,

Thanks for the valuable inputs.. It works now.

Regards

Prateek

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One more question guys, in the custom data model, i have two entities one is type 1(main) and one is type4 and I gave the leading relationship between type1 to type4 but somehow in my UI its  only showing type 1 entity. but not type 4.

as per showing above we have ZK_CONFIG_01 contains detail of type1 entity and ZK_CONFIG_02 contain type4

In MDG material when we need to enhance the UI we have the wire schema where we BS_MAT_OVP page in application configuration where we can tied material entity with other entities..do we have such concept for custom model also?

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

Belive that we you not specifyinh entity 1 in Contained Entity for Custom UIBB configuration

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

As per my above screenshot, I am having two form UIBB's with configuration name as ZK_CONFIG_01 and ZK_CONFIG_02.

In ZK_CONFIG_01 -  I gave contained entity type as Type 1 entity while in ZK_CONFIG_02  gave type 4.

But when I run the appln in NWBC only Type1 entity is visible

My question like in Material MDG, whenever we are adding any new type 4 entity and giving the leading r/ship to type 1 after giving the component configuration, we use to perform Wire schema in application configuration section under BS_MAT_OVP, doesn't this step is needed for custom also, If yes how can we use wire schema and what will be the appln configuration for custom model instead of BS_MAT_OVP?

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

Please check Cardinality for SUT1 and SUT4. It should 1:1

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for the response.

I am having cardinality as 1:N between Type1 and Type4  and  I maintained all the necessary r/ships which is required for this r/ship Also, as mentioned in previous post my data model is activated successfully. Could you please let me know why it should be 1:1?

As, I maintained this kind of r/ship for material MDG previously and it worked successfully.

Thanks!!

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

No worries It should works with cardinality as 1:N between Type1 and Type4 also.Only thing I saw that as per page 13 step 21 I are not supposed to maintained any cointaines entity type so that UI consider attributes for SUT1 as well as SUT4 also.

Earger to know any purpose to maintaining UIBB - ZK_CONFIG_02.

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Actually, for ZK_CONFIG_01 the contained entity types can take value only for my Type1 entity. that's why I created other configuration as ZK_CONFIG_02 and assigned my type 4 entity.

According to my understanding, I didn't tied my type4 entity to my type1 that's why it is not appearing, I tried to do that and searched in application configuration in wire schema, but as it is custom model, I didn't find any suitable class like what we are having for material as BS_MAT_OVP.

Any suggestions/inputs on how can this functionality be achieved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

When you create Varaint for UI then kindly recome all attributes fro Type1 as well as from Type4 are displayed on left hand navigation pan. For this dont give any cointained entity type.

Then create seperate Seperate UIBB for SUT1 with only attributes of SUT1 and same wit SUT4.

It should works. It works for me also