cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota arrangement is not splitting requirements correctly through MRP run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Experts,

We are planning to implement Quota arrangement in SAP AFS. For that following settings we have done in our test system.

1. In OMI4 T-code , we enabled the splitting quota  option for the lot size : EX ,MB,x1,x3.

2.  We  enabled quota arrangement usage in MRP2 view of material master.

3. We maintained  source list (ME01)for the material type : ROH, HALB ,FERT and also enabled the field use in MRP planning .

4. we maintained quota arrangement using t-code MEQ1.

During MRP run , first we are running MRP for warehouse plant  from that STO PR's will get generate  for finished materials.

So , IN T-code MEQ1 for finished materials  we maintained 60 %- In house production and 40% -external procurement .

In our  Current business scenario, at the time of MRP   External procurement requirement  should generates in  current date and for In house production requirement   should generates  in future.

But splitting of requirements is not happening correctly through MRP.

Please suggest us what are all the  settings is required  to implement for SAP AFS.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhargavi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186386
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Desai,

We are using the Quota arrangement with following steps:

1. We have define minimum and Maximum lot size quantity with standard EX lot size, you can use "EX" with check box of Quota split. we have not used.

OMI4 :

2. Now maintain quota in Material Master, Source list with relevant MRP (ME01) and MEQ1 respect with vendor with Quota %.

Please take care valid date during maintain Quota, valid date should be back date (previous month).

3. Run MRP. You are getting the results.

You are getting the result according to Quota %age while run MRP. if you want to define the Minimum and Maximum lot quantity also you can define in MEQ1. it has working.

Best regards,

Santosh Sharma

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VigneshV
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bhargavi,

In your case you must check the below points as system considers all of these while throwing the MRP qty.

• Minimum packing qty.
  • Minimum production qty of the vendor.
  • Minimum packing qty / rounding profile maintained for the same.

As the minimum production quanity of the vendor shall be considered as in order to avoid the inventory getting piled up in Vendor end,so the minimal difference between minimum production quantity and minimum packing quantity will be maintained in Master data.

Vignesh.V

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargavi,

Please share your MD04 and MEQ1 screens.

Thanks and Regards,

Mariano

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I read your question and I found the following information:

In our  Current business scenario, at the time of MRP   External procurement requirement  should generates in  current date and for In house production requirement   should generates  in future.

You should consider that this is not the expected system behavior when using the 'splitting quota' setting. With the splitting quota, each requirement is splitted between the two vendor, according to the quota and allocated quantity.

I cannot think about a standard functionality to met your business requirements. On the standard MRP, BAdI MD_MODIFY_SOURCE can be used, however, as far as I know it is not available for AFS.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks  for your reply.

Regards,

Bhargavi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargavi.

in AFS scenary you should use lot size J... and not standard MB and so on beacuse you have category and size to manage in the MRP run.

You can check in J_3ADBBA table all details of MRP data.

Another soluction could be use the following Badi:

/AFS/MRP_PURREQ_CHANGE 

for change vendor and others data during creation of pruchase requistion with our logic.

I hope was useful for you

Let me know if i solved your problem.

Daniele

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargavi,

Please check in Transaction MEQ1, if the "Minimum Qty to split" is entered.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD