cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search the Community - can't find my discussion thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to search for my discussion via the "Search the Community" field, then I get no result when filtering for my specific discussion.

This discussion itself was created in the space "Software Support and Maintenance".

I only can find it when I go to content tab of the space "Software Support and Maintenance" itself and look for it.

Any idea why I can't find the discussion via the home page of the SAP Community network?

Rgrds,

Geert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the discussion ? Can you post the link from the discussion ?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming the discussion is

Yes, this is not visible in SCN Search,

But it is visible in Google search https://www.google.co.in/search?q=List+of+all+prerequisite+notes+for+a+specific+oss+note&ie=utf-8&oe...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The link to the discussion is

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I guessed it. Also it is visible in Google Custom Search- SAP Community Network Search

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not happening only for your discussion. It is happening for all discussions with this space..

I've tried to search other discussions in "Search the community" box.

I can't find any result from this forum. So I assume the search option is not fetching any discussion from this space..

It must be a bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information,

Do you know how to report these kind of bugs to SAP?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, there is forum for that.

We need to raise here -

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think from your side, the discussion is enough. SCN support team will verify the issue and update this as soon as possible. You will also get a reply from Jason Lax regarding this issue in your discussion.

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

cc:

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Geert,

There is indeed and issue whereas this thread hasn't been indexed withing the normally allotted time.  I confirmed this by searching for the title with quotation marks ("") and using the filters on the left to search for discussions only.

I will notify SCN's IT team of this issue to make sure the search index is running so there's no need to open a new thread in the Bug Reporting space.  In the meantime, please consider using Google Custom Search- SAP Community Network Search.

IT Ticket Ref SRCH-3350

Jason

Message was edited by: Jason Lax

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This issue is resolved and you can find recent discussions in SCN sites search, such as List of all prerequisite notes for a specific oss note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I confirm that the issue is now resolved.

Thank you all for your answers and help.

wkr,

Geert

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are right, I can't find your discussion using the "Search the community"  box on top right.

Probably some index problem.

If you use the the space search then you can find it:

http://scn.sap.com/search.jspa

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to your profile-->content tab, There you can see your thread.

if you direct check at relevant forum-->content, there you can see like below.

Thanks

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanjaneyulu,

I know where my discussion is posted but I just want to know why it is not findable via the search function on the home page of SCN?