Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time based reduction across various landscapes for data consistency

prateekhare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we have to create a new parallel sandbox landscape for ECC, APO and BW.

We are planning to start time based reduction for our ECC landscape.

Our ECC, BW and APO systems are connected to each other. Could someone suggest if we should plan to use time based reduction on APO and BW using the same time frame?

Our concern is that after we do ECC time based reduction and all 3 new sandboxes are created. there should be no data inconsistency once the system are connected.

From the TDMS documents I guess reducing data only in ECC will not be a problem. But its always better to have expert opinion.

looking forward for a quick response.

Regards,

Prateek Khare.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateekhare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have one more doubt.

I have been working on various TDMS projects. but have not worked recently.

suppose I have a 2 TB source system and a 2 TB target system. (PRD- QAS)

Now if I run a 3 months time based reduction scenario from PRD to QAS, I believe TDMS will delete the data from QAS and copy new data.

As per my past experience large client deletion used to take a considerable amount of time.

how does it work now?

Lets say, based on TDMS logic 80% transactional data. Hence the client size in QAS could be around 1.6TB.

TDMS FAQ pdf states that the client deletion now is much more faster as TDMS uses advanced deletion tools.

Could someone share some details here and suggest current status of TDMS?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek,

The data deletion in the receiver system is an activity which is integrated in the TDMS process tree and is a part of the TDMS package. The data will be deleted based on the faster deletion technique using multiple parallel jobs and different DB specific aspects.

Best Regards,

Farheen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek,

If your sender/Prod systems of ERP, BW and SCM are in complete sync then by using same time slice you will able to get considerable consistency in the 3 respective non production systems. 

As TDMS does not touch configurations in receiver non production systems these systems can communicate in the same way as they were doing before the TDMS project.

There could be some documents missing in SCM for e.g. which are present in ECC but that you should able to handle using reconciliation tools.

Can you please elaborate further on what inconsistencies you are talking about here.

Thanks and Regards,

Tanu

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keep in mind that the data gathering process on the sender systems will take a certain amount of time to run through the tables to collect what is going to be sent, so a 2 TB ECC system will take longer than a 700 GB SCM/BW system.  Which means your time slices will be around the same time frame, but since your users are not going to stop using the systems you are more than likely going to notice some data inconsistencies in the systems.

I would let your functional testing teams know that they shouldn't consider testing anything 'new' in the sandbox systems, and provide a rule of thumb of n-7 days (change the n- to an appropriate value based on your DB sizes and how long it takes to run through table collections).

prateekhare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tanu,

Thanks for the answers.

as we know ECC - BW and APO all are connected. after creating the primary sandbox systems, we will repoint the sandboxes again. RSA1 in BW for ECC and APO,  and RSA1 in APO for BW and ECC.

We plan to use synchronised backups for all 3 landscapes system copies.

Hello Billy,

We will be creating new sandboxes using TDMS after above step is completed (after primary sandboxes are created). Hence not directly from production and no user or performance impact.

Many thanks to both of you.

Regards,

Prateek