Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import statemnt is not getting one of the field in internal table

former_member435556
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am running two programs YP1 AND YP2 , in yp1 I am exporting the data to yp2, in YP1 all of the field is present including wtjhr which is field of bpja stucutre, but when I import the data in yp2 , all of the is field is displaying correctly but wtjhr is showing zero  ,I checked the corresponding structure bpja in which wtjhr is updated correctly, but when I imported data this value showing null value,

Here is my import/export statement in both reports

in yp1:

export tab4 from tab4 to database indx(stfrom wa_indx id indxkey.
free memory id  sy-uname.

And in Yp2

import
              tab4 = tab4 from database  ypindx(stid indxkey
              to wa_indx.

Please help me in this regard as I am new to abap I have goggled this  problem but could not find any help ,

Thanks in Advance.

12 REPLIES 12

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe the definition of TAB4 is not the same in the two programs ?

regards

Fred

0 Kudos

Not its the same in both program

0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure whether this will help.you can give a try.

import
              tab4 = tab4 from database  ypindx(stto wa_indx ID 'INDXKEY'.

Rgds,

K.S

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

INDX and YPINDX are two completely different database tables. You have to take the same tables for that.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to pass the entire entry into a work area and a direct assignment without indexing. That had worked for me!! please see example below.

YP1 :

EXPORT wa_tab4 TO MEMORY ID sy-uname.

YP2:

IMPORT wa_tab4 TO wa_tab4 FROM MEMORY ID sy-uname.

s_nnoorie
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, when all other data is importing except wtjhr means you structure in both programs are same. Check Wtjhr data element in both the programs. Ex: may be in YP1 wtjhr is of type N, and           in YP2 wtjhr is of type P.

former_member435556
Participant
0 Kudos

After analyzing my report again  I have encountered a dump in my report which is CX_SY_IMPORT_MISMATCH_ERROR, recently we have upgraded our sap system, from 4.6 to ecc6, i searched out this error anf got to know that it might be due cause of up-gradation kindly help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

Pls check the thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3513845

It may have answer for your question.

Rgds,

Kanda S

0 Kudos

I tried this but

not helpful for me again the same problem, please help me to solve this problem

0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls send the structure that has issue in the dump  CX_SY_IMPORT_MISMATCH_ERROR from st22. Also as Klaus mentioned did you chk whether the structures of indx & ypindx are the same?

Regards,

K.S. 

0 Kudos

Hi K.S.,

same structure is not enough. If you EXPORT data to a database table INDX, then you have to IMPORT them from the same database table INDX. Also if YPINDX has the same structure, the data are not available there!

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you mentioned your system upgraded from 4.6 to ecc6.

standard SAP structures are also changed from release to release.

check the old and new structures.

Cheers,

Abhishek.