Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest BAPI for transaction AS01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am searching for a BAPi which covers the transaction AS01.

I have found two, but I am not sure which one to use.

BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE or BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE1 (where is the difference here)

and

CREATE_ASSET

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards

Markus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE1 is the "new" version of BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE. Usually with more options.

Regards.

JCD

5 REPLIES 5

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE1 is the "new" version of BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE. Usually with more options.

Regards.

JCD

0 Kudos

Thank you,

BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE1 seems to be the right one for me. Just run a quicktest in se37 includinng "transaction_commit" and got a good result. Everything I want is shown in AS02.

Regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Markus,

For what reason are you searching for BAPI.

If you explain your requirement, may be it will be easier for our experts to help you out.

The FM BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE uses the method CreateFromData that will not be supported in the future. Method CreateFromData1 will take over its functions on the same object type where BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE1 is newer with more functionalities and uses the method CreateFromData1. FIXEDASSET_CREATE is the message type for BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE. I do not think there is a BAPI CREATE_ASSET...

Below is a link for creating asset with AS01:

Creating the Asset Master Record - Financial Accounting (FI) - SAP Library

Regards,

Ashvin

0 Kudos

Hi Ashvin,

I just want to create an asset with basic data and "BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE1" does everything I need.

Regards

Markus

0 Kudos

Markus,

Yes with the method CreateFromData1 in BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE1, you are sure not to have any problem in future.

Regards,

Ashvin