Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Program not reflecting in SM50 Tcode..

former_member311223
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue while using the Output Type: "Special Function" in billing.

We have created an Output Type ZXXX as "Special Function". When we selected this Output Type in Billing and "Save" it, a Z-program which we created will be executed in background that that will download the smartform data into the application server.

But when we are saving the Billing Document with Output Type ZXXX as "Special Function" and trying to see the job in SM50 Tcode, the program is not getting reflected. We need to debug the program to do some checking, but since the program is not showing in the SM50 we are unable to debug it.

We have not yet created any job for this as the program will be triggered based on the Output type: ZXXX. So we are unable to see any job in SM36 & SM37.

I just want to know why my program is not getting reflected in SM50 Tcode when we save the Output type: ZXXX in billing.

Regards

Gopa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

activate the Update Debugging and you will be able to debug it

for your SM50 idea, if you have several application server / central instance, the process could run in the central instance when you wait looking in an application server

--> SM51 will give you the list of servers

regards

Fred

8 REPLIES 8

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

activate the Update Debugging and you will be able to debug it

for your SM50 idea, if you have several application server / central instance, the process could run in the central instance when you wait looking in an application server

--> SM51 will give you the list of servers

regards

Fred

0 Kudos

Yes those will execute in update task, so in case of problem you will find those FM in SM13, in SM50 you should see the main program RSM13000 (in a UPD/UP2 process)

Regards,

Raymond

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another reason could be if the instance is made up of multiple application servers. You'd only see the background jobs for the server you're logged on to in SM50. To see the others, you need SM51.

0 Kudos

Hi matthew,

did I wrote it with my usually bad english ?  I exactly tried to explain what you have wrote ...

the end of the week is sometimes very hard

regards

Fred

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope your English was fine. I just missed seeing your answer.

GeorgeShlyakhov
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopa!

Maybe your program has been already executed when you run SM50 transaction?

Try to temporary insert in your z program the code which will run eternally. Like this:

DATA cnt TYPE i.

WHILE cnt = 0.

ADD 1 TO cnt.

SUBTRACT 1 FROM cnt.

ENDWHILE.

To leave the eternal loop you can just assign `1` to cnt variable in debugger. Thus, you could catch your process in SM50.

ABAP source code in this document was coloured using the ABAP code lighter for SCN.

Best regards,

George Shlyahov

0 Kudos

How to kill a SAP Server

that was one of my first program, my colleagues come to ask me doing things like that

regards

Fred

0 Kudos

DATA indx TYPE i VALUE 0.

WHILE indx < 1.

WAIT UP TO 1 SECONDS.

ENDWHILE.

I'd rather suggest something like that so your BASIS guys will not kill you