cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deprecated WDJ DC after project creation from migrated 7.4 track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have problem creating a wdj project from migrated 7.4 track, by default it says the you are about to work on a non DC WebDynPro project and this type of project is deprecated which needs to be converted to Development Component by right-click on the local project.

I am able to create/migrate the other 5 DCs in same migrated track, only one DC is giving deprecated DC error.

After right-click on this DC, two options are coming  : Migrate tp Software Component

Convert Project to Development Component

Since this DC is already existing on track, convert of this project to development component seems obsolutee.

I can also see errors in Problems View for missing custom and standard jars along with missing required source folders for 'gen_ddic/datatypes' and 'gen_wdp/packages'.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabh,

Here is the latest blog which has step wise config with example of migrating from 7.0 to 7.4

http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-java/blog/2014/10/17/nw-portal-upgrade-70-to-74

Check if this is useful and mark it as helpful 

former_member197472
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabh,

Is this application working on migrated 7.4 ?

Check following link

Migrating Standard Projects into Development Components (SAP Library - SAP NetWeaver Composition Env...

Can you check whether dependencies are not missing in 'Component Proprties' view ?

Regards,

Amey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

Migration wizard is not coming by default due to Deprecated DC error and it prompts to add this local DC to DI.

I have followed all pre-defined steps for application code migration to 7.4.

And all the required custom dependencies present in this DC are successfully migrated to 7.4.

former_member197472
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Prabh,

I consider that you have migrated all Codes successfully.

I think you have to convert it into DC project(if this is 'ear' then you have to do this *as mentioned in above link)..

If you are facing any issue in such conversion then let know..

Take backup before you do these things..

Regards,

Amey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amey,

This DC is already existing on track, its not a local project which needs to be added to DI and this deprecated DC gives an option to convert of Local project to Development Component but that is incorrect in my case as the development component exists on DI.

Also, the auto migration wizard is not coming by default due to deprecated DC.

Please note that I am migrating the code from 7.0 to 7.4.

former_member197472
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Prabh,

Error itself is showing that its not an DC Project.

You have to wrap it in DC project. Though it is on track where it might be directly imported using NWDI. When you create it in NWDS as project it will throw error.

According to me you should give a hit for wrapper DC for this.

May be experts like Jun Wu can put better light on it. Can we have him in this discussion ?

--

Regards,

Amey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabh,

Take a look at the below links they are little time long videos but worth watching for the PAM and compatibility and migrating the custom WDJ 7.0 to 7.3/7.4

Upgrade/Migrate your Custom Development projects to SAP NetWeaver 7.3 - Webinar Replay

Please mark this as helpful if it show you right direction to troubleshoot and fix the issue..

Good Luck .