Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component based alerts not triggering issue

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on PI 7.31 Dual stack and working on component based alerts. I followed the Michal blog to create my alert rules. We configured SMTP gateway and open the port 25. When i am testing the alerts , I can see my alertconsumer job was successfully executed , But not triggered any mails.

Please help me what i am missing. I am attaching my config screen shots.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Pavan T,

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We configured "mail.from" and "mail.host" instead of "mail.smtp.host"

This is also, what Former Member suggests in his blog http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/25/michals-pi-tips-component-based-m...

Cheers

Jens

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Thanks for the quick response. We also configured as mention like only.

mail.from

mail.host

I started getting alerts, But all of sudden they stopped. I don't know what happened, I have not made any changes.

Thanks,

Pavan T

binod8
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Is your scheduling of Alert job still running to collect the alerts. Check the start date and end date and scheduling time and all.

Thanks,

Binod

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the screenshot here http://scn.sap.com/message/15392816#15392816 I assume that there are two alert jobs? One that is running with user "SAP_CLED" and one with the user "MANDAVAA".

Please check your job definitions. You probably would only want 1 AlertConsumerJob.

HTH

Cheers

Jens

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

My job is Mandavaa ,and it is working OK. when i check the job log 0 alerts are generated. how to check my alert log in NWA ?

Thanks,

Pavan 

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is mandatory to configure SMTP server gateway and port 25 opening is required for component based alerts?

Thanks,

Pavan T

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no doubt that your job is running. But there's also another job with user "SAP_CLED" running. If that other job is misconfigurated and already processes all pending alerts your job would have nothing to do.

Just my 2c

Cheers

Jens

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

In my PI system currently SMTP server is not configured. Is it required to configure ths SMTP gateway.

Thanks,

Pavan T

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean with "SMTP server is not configured"? Do you mean within ABAP Stack SMICM? My guts feeling is that you would not need it for component based message alerting. But I could be wrong here.

About your configuration in Java Stack:

Have a look here for SAP official instructions how to set up

Configuring a Local Consumer on AS Java - Administering Process Integration (PI) - SAP Library

And have a look here for specific Java mail set up

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/b0/51ad27728a497d8640ff3319e714c5/frameset.htm

Cheers

Jens