cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Step Transfer for Special Stock Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had just activated business function LOG_EAM_ROTSUB and LOG_EAM_ROTSUB_2 in our system. This gives us flexibility in handling special stocks and among other allows us to use mvtyp 313 with special stock. Referring to SAP Help page here it is possible to perform 313 Q followed by 315 Q.

As mention in the SAP Help page, 313 Q will "removes the relevant quantity from the unrestricted-use stock of the original storage location and temporarily stores it in the blocked stock of the new storage location"; of which therefore I should be performing 343 Q (blocked project to unrestristed stock) NOT as 315 Q as suggest by SAP Help. And by the way, I did 343 Q and it work, but need to be posted manually rather than post place in storage referring to 313 Q material document.

This is where I have the problem. Is there any way to config for mvtype 313 Q to be followed by 343 Q instead of standard 315? Or any other workaround so I can have the 343 Q referring to 313 Q?

Appreciate any comments and solution.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IS there any reason to deviate from SAP standard?

They programmed it extra to make it possible at all.

And a 315 is the designed follow-on movement for 313.

This 315 Q movement does exactly what you want to do with 343Q.

It is already a technical workaround for the short time where the goods are in-transit, hence you should not confuse this  again with standard movement types to clear blocked stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normal Stock

313      -     unrestricted original location to in transit new location

Place in Storage with referring to above material document

315     -     in transit new location to unrestricted new location

Special Stock

313 Q    -     unrestricted original location to in blocked stock new location (see 1st paragraph of this link)

Place in Storage with referring to above material document

315     -     it defaulted to to 315, upon posting error of no stock (cause should be 315 Q)

Manual Place in Storage

315 Q     -     error to enter WBS Element (does not recognize correct WBS element I entered)

Transfer Posting Block to Own

343 Q     -     blocked new location to unrestricted new location (SUCCESS)

Hi Jurgen,

See my problem now?

1. System should defaulted 315 Q (if there's a workaround config for this then it's settled)

2. Couldn't figure out why it is not recognizing my WBS element entry

Thanks for quick reply though.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had read the link before and it is clearly written: "Use movement type 315 and the special stock indicator (B, E, or Q)."

If you think it is an error that the Q is not defaulted, then you open a ticket at SAP

But you tried it with 315 Q as documented, but you got an error. So you should focus to solve this error instead of going for a workaround and using 343Q which is not the desired follow on transaction according to the process described in help.sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found out workaround for this.

313 Q    -     unrestricted original location to in blocked stock new location

Manual Transfer Posting in MIGO or MB1C- Not Place in Storage in MIGO

315 Q     -     blocked stock new location to unrestricted new location (SUCCESS)

Anyhow, I do think it should be defaulted. If not we need to key in manually 10 line items. (but I couldn't log a ticket at SAP now)

Thanks Jurgen for the suggestion and jogging my lazy Friday mind

VKS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Aizat,

We are having a similar requirement of Storage location to storage location movement for Special Stock Q.

We can execute the transfer posting as below steps.

Special Stock

313 Q    -     Unrestricted original location to in blocked stock temporary location.

Manual Place in Storage

315 Q     -    Error to enter WBS Element (does not recognize correct WBS element I entered)

Transfer Posting Block to Own

343 Q     -     blocked new location to unrestricted new location (SUCCESS)

Can you please explain how 315 Q was possible because system did not recognize the WBS element which we entered.

Is there anything which we are missing here for 315 Q to work.?

Thanks,

Vishnu...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Please try Manual Transfer Posting in MIGO or MB1C instead of Place in Storage in MIGO.

This works for me. Thanks.

Answers (0)