Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing OB58 in production without transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi comunity,

I'm facing a problem,

bussiness is asking me that the tcode OB58 can be customized in PRD environment as in dev, I don't know what could be the best way to get it.

of course we don't want to open the client,

could someone help me me please.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alfredo,

This is a quite common requirement of the End user. As you know, we don't create all GL masters in our Golden Environment, progressively GL numbers get increased in PRD, so they don't get fetched in FSV version until unless you are having the full range assigned to the nodes.

There is a very good document written by Consultant Khan about this setting. please find link below.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51491

Also, please have a idea about current settings tick mark in IMG activity.

Am sure, this doc will be helpful to you,

There is one more trick to tweak FSV changeable. Not recollecting right now but will inform you once I will recall.

Thanks

Kind Regards

P

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the information,

please if you can recall the other trick let me now,

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alfredo,

Hope that above solution might have helped you.

Were you able to understand the current setting tick in IMG Activity. It's really very much important to understand that functionality for all IMG Activity.

and yeah, from one of the SAP Press book, one Author has mentioned really great trick for OB58, always ever wonder that how that fellow might have ended up finding this treasure.

Here is the trick from the Author, as you know OBA5, so when you execute Tcode FSE2, the message class is customizable.

Hope this solution will help you, as currently am using this solution in my PRD.

Thanks

Kind Regards

P

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alfredo,

Switch off the message FE 146 in transaction OBA5 of your DEV system and transport this setting to your Production system.  After this TR is moved to your Production system, you can proceed to use transaction FSE2 in Production to directly modify the Financial Statement Version.  When you try to save your changes by clicking on Save button, you will still get a message that client is non modifiable, however just press enter key.  Then you will get another message that changes are saved.  Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sridhar

former_member206852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alfredo

Even I faced the same situation that you are in. Initially we use to sit with the business user and then directly do in PRD directly. Subsequently, in order to avoid the Audit risk, we asked the business not to do directly in PRD.

Instead, now we have fixed up a process where, when ever a new GL is created in Production, business send their request for mapping into FSV. I just create the COA segment of GL in my golden client (No need of creating Company Code segment) and assign the GL to FSV and then finally transport to Quality first and then to Production.

Hope this helps you?

Regards

Syed Zia Abbas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alfredo,

Yes you are correct with your approach, but in many cased client might not know about the transportation funda.

Kindly check with your Basis Guys, this is client level setting and nothing to do with authorization as of now.

basically OB58 and FSE2 should be changed to editable mode in client setting, basis team will help you on this.

Regards,

M S Lokesh

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest please don't do that. Your client will face a big problem in future.

All customized settings should be transported properly from dev client to production.

If you make the customized editable in production client, when someone will make changes in dev client and sent the TR to production client, then you all settings will be gone which you have done directly in production..

I'll never suggest to do that.. Please tell your client to do it in dev client then transport it to production

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally agree with you,

and I'm tired of explain that kind of things to the businnes is a common problem because they don't undertand the real problem.

so It seem I don't haver alternatives and I have to do what businees want,

if someone know a good option to cover the necesity please let me know

king regards

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look into the SAP Note 135028 - Transfer IMG activity to current setting.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to take authorization for the t.code.OB58 in production. In most of the cases the FSV will directly maintain in production client.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not a problem with authorizations the problem is with the client non modifiable,

Client 300 has status 'not modifiable'

thanks for the answer

ankit_agarwal8
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use tcode FSE2 in PRD server.

Regards,

Ankit K. Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi we try to use that tcode in PRD but we obtain next message:

Client 300 has status 'not modifiable'

that's my problem, the client is closed and you can't do maintanaince in that client.

regards