Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BP: Data Line and Telebox fields

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm on NW 702 SAPKB70211, IS-UT 605 SAPK-60508INISUT, and I'm trying to remove/hide the following fields on Business Partner Address screen for partner types Organization and Group:- Data Line and Telebox (EXTENSION1 & EXTENSION2 from ADDR1_DATA structure; Dynpro

SAPLSZA1 0301):

And for the life of mine, I can't actually find those fields in any BDT Field Group for Application Object BUPA, and I don't see them offered for configuration in any of the BP Field Attribute configuration transactions - neither the ones available in SPRO, nor BUSJ, nor BUSO... If I double-check TBZ3R using SE16, EXTENSION1 & 2 fields are not assigned to any BUPA field group...

In my desperation I even tried to include the fields in BUPA Group 89 myself... didn't help, I still can't see them in the Field configuration transactions.

If you are using BP in your ERP system, could you do me a favour and check using SE16 what do you have in TBZ3R for FLDNM = EXTENSION* please?

I have searched OSS for EXTENSION1 and implemented all three recent notes related to the fields:

1749827 - Few address fields editable even in the display mode

1752697 - Incorrect customizing of address fields

2007948 - Field Extension1 and Extension2 not visible in address screen

Excuse me for wenting my frustration this way, but... dear SAP, you appear to not really be in control of this particular monstrocity you created anymore, if simple sounding tasks like configuring something on a dynpro can cause a mini-avalanche of notes numbering more than there are fields to configure... Either the know-how is not in the house anymore, or the right guys are busy with HANA and the guys getting assigned to simple sounding tasks don't really know what the hell they are doing and whom to ask what to do! And there is too little quality control... and no amount of "HANA communication" can change any of that.

cheers

Janis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor

Ok, there is OSS Note 2074554 - SAP BP: EXTENSION1 and EXTENSION2 fields are not customizable available now, and after rolling back my own enhancements and customizing, doing the manual pre-implementation steps, implementing correction and switching off the fields in customizing, the things are still ok.

I wish SAP could find a way to autmatically deliver all the new BP fields in a preconfigured state "Invisible". That way, the notes like 1749827 - Few address fields editable even in the display mode would never be possible, I believe. But that's something beyond the scope of corrections for this particular problem...

cheers

Janis

4 REPLIES 4

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, according to a colleague of mine the fields are not in the TBZ3R for OBJAP = 'BUPA' on their EHP7 system as well (so it is highly unlikey someone clueless has simply messed up some BDT setup on our system).

Still, if you are using Business Partner, it would be great if you could check and post here the content of TBZ3R for FLDNM = EXTENSION* on your system... as well as your SAP_ABA Release and SP state (ours is 702 SP SAPKA70211)

Thank you and cheers

Janis

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I ended up debugging the whole odious code related to address subscreen field modification on both sides (BUPA and CAM) to understand just how the expletive is this thing supposed to work and solved this nonsense as follows:

1) defined in TA BUS2 two Customer fieldgroups, one for each set of the worthless fields:

798 "Adresse: EXTENSION1" containing:

ADDR1_DATA, EXTENSION1, X

ADDR1_KEYW, EXTENSION1, space

799 "Adresse: EXTENSION2" containing:

ADDR1_DATA, EXTENSION2, X

ADDR1_KEYW, EXTENSION2, space

2) assigned both fieldgroups to view BUA110 "Adresse: Daten (Organisation und Person)" in TA BUS3; thereafter the groups become available for configuration in SPRO, BUSO and BUSJ;

3) in order to pass the configured state of group to CAM one needs to:

- go to the expletive screen and find out what little odious Group4 has been assigned to the worthless fields:

- go and do implicit enhancement at the end of SAPLBUA0 FLDGR_CONVERT1, mapping the little odious Group4 to BDT fieldgroup:

if e_rc = gc_x .
    case ie_fldgr .
      when '046' .        "Dynpro Group4 of Address: EXTENSION1

ie_fldgr = '798' ."to BDT Fieldgroup
        clear e_rc .

when '047' .        "Dynpro Group4 of Address: EXTENSION2
        ie_fldgr = '799' ."to BDT Fieldgroup
        clear e_rc .
     endcase .
  endif .

- and another implicit enhancement at the end of SAPLBUA0 FLDGR_CONVERT2, mapping BDT fieldgroup to the little odious Group4...

if e_rc = gc_x .
    case ie_fldgr .
      when '798'  .       "BDT Fieldgroup for Address: EXTENSION1
        ie_fldgr = '046' ."to Dynpro Group4 of Address: EXTENSION1
        clear e_rc .

when '799'  .       "BDT Fieldgroup for Address: EXTENSION2

ie_fldgr = '047' ."to Dynpro Group4 of Address: EXTENSION2
        clear e_rc .
    endcase .
  endif .

And that's finally the whole expletive deal then, hopefully... The enhancements could maybe have been replaced by BDT fieldgroup specific field modification FMs assigned when defining them in BUS2, but I wasn't about to take any expletive chances with something so advanced and refined...

I'll report this to OSS when I've calmed down next week

cheers

Janis

0 Kudos

Still can't calm down quite yet... Why couldn't the odious formroutines have been named map_dynp_grp4_2_bdt_fldgrp and map_bdt_fldgrp_2_dynp_grp4, for example..? Why!?!

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor

Ok, there is OSS Note 2074554 - SAP BP: EXTENSION1 and EXTENSION2 fields are not customizable available now, and after rolling back my own enhancements and customizing, doing the manual pre-implementation steps, implementing correction and switching off the fields in customizing, the things are still ok.

I wish SAP could find a way to autmatically deliver all the new BP fields in a preconfigured state "Invisible". That way, the notes like 1749827 - Few address fields editable even in the display mode would never be possible, I believe. But that's something beyond the scope of corrections for this particular problem...

cheers

Janis