cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jar files required to read excel file in SAP PI 7.3.1 sp09 dualstack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to read excel file (.xls) using SAP PI and process it to target system. I have read blogs

and found that there are 2 ways to read an excel file in PI using file adapter.

1) Developing a custom adapter module

2) Using XSLT code.

So in order to develop a custom adapter module, i have followed the following blogs

SAPTechnical.COM - XI - Step-by-step guide to develop Adapter Module to read Excel file

and

and

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Adapter+Module+To+Read+Excel+File+with+Multiple+Rows+and+M...

I am unable to find the jar files in SAP PI at OS level as per the first blog(think they were obsolete).

Please let me know

1) What are the required jar files needed to read excel file and their location

2) Even if i use the old jar files as mentioned in the first blog can i achieve my requirement

3) Following this blog if i apply the same logic at sender side, will it work? Because through case studies i came to know that we cannot read a .xls file using XSLT code. Correct me if i am wrong.

Looking for your valuable suggestions.

Regards

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa

Welcome to SCN!

The blog you refered to might be for previous versions of PI. You can refer to the following two wikis to find out what are the relevant JAR files for PI 7.3 and also how to get them.

XI libraries for development - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Where to get the libraries for XI development - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

It also looks like for newer versions, you might not need to manually get and add those JAR files into your NWDS project - please refer to the first comment on the blog below. I have not tried it personally as I'm not using the latest NWDS, but you can try that first, and if it does not work, then go get them manually.

PI 7.4 - Adapter Module Creation using EJB 3.0

Do note that you should be using the JAR files that is corresponding to your PI server version.

As for your third question, that does not apply to you. XLS is the older non-XML format, and therefore cannot be read by XLST since it is in binary format.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Thanks for your reply. Searched for the following files in OS level.But I could not find.

Is there any standard adapter module available to read the .xls file.

Or can u suggest me The required jar files required for PI 7.3.1 SP09 dual stack.

Regards

Shilpa

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa

No, there are no standard module that is able to read binary XLS files.

Did you first try checking in your NWDS is the XPI Library is already available to be linked?

The directories are already listed in the links above (as shown below.) Were you able to navigate to those directories? If you cannot find the files there, maybe you might need to do a search in your OS level.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Thank you.

Regards

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Looking forward for your valuable inputs.

Regards

Shilpa