cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MES Integration through MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking for an opinion - if a company needs to provide a light MES solution and provide integration to ECC to service 300 Plants world wide would MII fit the Bill?

50% of the 300 plants have a MES system. The rest don't have a MES solution. What kind a of infrastructure layout would work?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MII would absolutely fit the bill. For landscape I almost always recommend one MII instance per plant with one or more central instances as needed. SAP or any vendors you are considering should be able to provide examples of successful implementations where MII was used to accommodate multiple plants within an organization that have differing end user and technology requirements.

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian. Any use cases or customers you can name that I can reach out to?

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am independent now so I don't feel comfortable sharing that kind of info. I think your best bet is to reach out to SAP. They have plenty of dedicated resources ready to help you get the information you need.

Manufacturing Solutions | Manufacturing | Lines Of Business | SAP

ASUG may also be a good resource.

https://www.asug.com/

Regards,
Christian

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arup,

I would recommend figuring out what business transactions on the shop floor need to be supported.  Yes, as Christian indicated, MII can be used to provide MES solutions.  The drawback is the solution needs to be built.  Depending on complexity of your needs, you may be better off checking out SAP ME or SAP CAMS or some other ME solution.  I have worked on a number of MES implementations with MII, but there was a lot of effort involved with the more complex projects.  ME, etc., are pre-configured for most of the usual MES transactions so implementation requires less custom development and is more of a configuration exercise.  ME also uses MII for much of its interfaces.  If you go to the parent community (SAP Manufacturing) of SAP MII in SCN, there is more information there on SAP ME which may help you choose a solution.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG