cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preq release strategy tab disappears

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

We are having an issue where a few odd times, we will find that a Preq is missing its Release Strategy Tab. Here is an example, and my findings so far below the image.

Checking the Workflow, I see there was a workflow started, so I know the release strategy must have kicked in.

I see that the workflow went to error, with the error saying "No Authorization to Release"

However I checked the user, and they do have the correct Release Level Role.

So I'm not sure where to check next?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

We finally found out what the issue was with this one. It was happening on Service Preqs where they had entered a value in the Supplying Plant field. If this is cleared and the preq saved, the release strategy comes back. Our new consultant found that we can make a config change to not allow a supplying plant to be entered on a Service Preq to prevent this from happening again in the future.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using custom workflow? If yes, then i would suggest you to contact your ABAP'er to debug this.

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

Got my ABAP'er to check, and he says the workflow went to error because there was no release strategy on the preq. So that I think eliminates the workflow from the problem, but leads me back to why is there not a release strategy present? Usually there is always a release strategy. Here are the changes on the line if that helps.

former_member182673
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While I can only make a generic response without knowing your PReq release strategy configuration. This normally happens when there is some gap in your release strategy configuration and this PReq is falling into that resulting in no release strategy being assigned automatically or it got assigned initially, but later got removed due some inconsistency.

Since there looks like a ABAP enhancement involved here, check whether there is a condition that if the release authorization is not available for the approver, then do something which might be the source of release strategy itself getting removed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check your release strategy again? Are the values in your PR matching the characteristic values assigned to the release strategy in CL24N.

Please check and revert back.

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

Our release strategies are just on PR value, see screens below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please post your item valuation tab? Please let me know what currency is being used in the PR.

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

Here it is. 50,000 CAD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valuation matches with the characteristic limits.Not sure why it is not triggering.

Please check your config again.Check if the overall release indicator is checked in release strategy and on PR doc type.

Since you are using overall release strategy, here is a document to cross check your config with.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70fef212-b6cb-2c10-e085-c84b80d70...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How can you say "Our release strategies are just on PR value, see screens below." ?

Can it be that it was changed?

The screenshots from the class and the classification is clearly showing 3 characteristics: document type, plant and value

A plant is already critical here, because plant is item level and your release is header level and you do not have a blank entry for the plant as this is needed in case of 2 items with different plants in one PR.

Which CEBAN field is referenced  in CT04 to total value of requisition?

bkilboy
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, yes, document type and plant are also there but we only have the 2 plants that are listed, which is one of the ones on the PR and the document type list includes Preq. I meant to say the only relevant field being checked. The CEBAN field looks to be GFWRT.