Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating custom column in Existing workitem after Refresh click in SBWP

soumya_ranjan_patel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Scenario:

After the PO, the invoice receipt from vendor  is scanned to PDF. In OAWD transaction user as below they provide the description.

A work item comes to SBWP for task TS000007869(standard) for the corresponding Invoice. The description that we provide in OAWD comes as a title in inbox. Business Object used : IMAGE (has no link with PO),

So I am thinking if we ask client to provide PO no. in format::  <Description>_ <PO no>    , then we can extract the PO from the description and then corresponding GR is weather made or not.

Requirement :

Client wants to add another column to that SBWP inbox which will notify them that weather GR for for corresponding PO is made or not by some status sign.

Problems :

1. BO (IMAGE) has no link with PO as its only processing the scanned PDF.
  2. No idea for situation where after the creation of work item in SBWP if any dynamic value can be updated or not in the custom column, (i.e at the time work item creation if GR is not made and say after 2 hrs GR is made, so when click REFRESH button in SBWP the new  column should be updated with some sign)

Hope you experts got my issue nd kindly provide me some suggestions.

Revert for any clarifications.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya

The Task TS000007869, is it stand alone - triggered directly by an application or is part of a workflow in your system?

If it's a standalone, not much can be done as you would need to do some coding for your requirement.

If it's a part of the workflow, you can create a virtual attribute in the base BO, in the coding of which would read the description, extract the PO, get the GR, if found set the attribute value to YES. Then set the dynamic columns (see link: Create Dynamic Columns - Wiki - SCN Wiki ) . Whenever the list is refreshed, the virtual attributes are recalculated and would let the users know the GR status.

However, there can be a performance impact as this will happen for all workitems of that Task.

also,  the column names will be displayed with the header specified in the configuration SWL1 only when all  the work items in the inbox belong to the same task. Otherwise, it will use ‘Dynamic Column’ as the header of the column.

Also see if you can use BADI WF_BWP_DYN_COLUMN ...some points can be picked up from SCN thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2007514

Regards,

Modak

soumya_ranjan_patel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Sorry for gettng back late.

I was actually waiting for client to get some input data so as to know the process flow.

When I did little more R&D, its actually  TS30001128 &   TS30001117 which are in use (not TS000007869), you can see below

these are maintained in transaction SOA0, can see below

In this case, its following the standard procedure(mentioned in "Workflow Scenario" in SPRO) and as the task is directly triggering through FM (SWI_WI_START) vie passing desciption(of OAWD as mentioned) as container element for above tasks. When I debugged found above FM (workflow version 3.0).

I read the documention for "Use document type for customizing(OAD5)" in SPRO that says we can implement our own workflow .

My confusion is, above object type BKPF and those tasks using BO 'IMAGE'. So how to pass OAWD description (i.e. <description>_<PO>) to my workflow container.

Hope you understand the process I am trying to tell .

Regards,

Soumya.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI Soumya

I am not aware of the above tcode..... but you can try creating a custom WF and then give a  WSxxxxxxxx in the "task" Fields and see if your workflow gets triggered.  If it triggers, then it's an easy job for you as you can copy the standard task, use it in your WF and add multiple steps in the workflow to pass make custom data available to the copied task.

Regards,

Modak

soumya_ranjan_patel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Thx for replying.

After doing some more R&D got bit idea about whole process. They have used everything standard only and configured all in same OAD5 transaction( a wizzard ) where we can give our own workflow no also. So I did the same, created a workflow

-> created the same container as standard task (TS30001128)

-> delegated IMAGE and created a background method for extracting PO from description where Description was passed from WF container

-> using this PO instanciated a BUS2012 ( Reason needed to bring GR status in attribute of BO as attribute contain dynamic value required for SWL1 trans.)

->Now cpied the standard task TS30001128 addd BO container for BUS2012

->Now when I provided my new task name in SWL1, I can get the PO related data from attribute BUS2012 and assigned it to custom column.

Hope aove mentioned is useful.

Regards,

Soumya

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

This should work.... just remember to pass the instance of BUS2012 from the Workflow to the Task Container.

regards,

Modak