cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetLov failed after migrating to BOXi 3.1 SP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

After migrating a number of Deski reports from SP1 to SP6, when running these reports through InfoView I am getting the error

'GetLov failed - Connection or SQL sentence error: (DA0005): [Exception CS, Unexpected behaviour) A connection required to refresh this document is unavailable, (Da0004): []

I can retrieve and refresh the report in Deski, both on my desktop and the server and it refreshes ok. I have tried refreshing the report in Deski, purging of data and re-exporting but still get the same error. I have checked the rights on the universe and connection and these are all correct. As we have a large number of Deski reports which are refreshed by our user community through InfoView this could be a showstopper for us.

Any advice appreciated! It would be nice if just once a service pack didn't break stuff.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

have you tried to open the universe in designer, re-export forcing to export the lovs?

I would also clear the cache (the Data / Storage) directory on the server

Thanks

SImone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

yes have tried that to no avail. Still get the same error. I think this is a security model issue as when I logon to InfoView as administrator and run Deski reports the problem is not present. I've checked the user security for our universes/connections/application and it all seems to be in order.

I think I'm just going to re-build the environment from scratch and attempt the migration again, We did have some issues importing users and I'm wondering of this has caused some issues with security. I'll let you know how I get on after the re-install.

Cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please verify if the user has the proper rights to the  universe in use, as well as the data connection the universe employs.

1- Log on to the Central Management Console.

2- Click  Universe Connections.

3- Select the universe connection in use.

4- Click the Rights tab.

5- Verify the group or user has the right to Data Access.

Kind regards,

Wafa