cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue With Business Objects Installation-STW00213 The Central Management Server has failed to start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the process of installing Business Objects XI 3.1 in one of our server. While installing I am getting the error 'The Central Management Server has failed to start. Press 'retry' to attempt to start it again or 'cancel' to skip any actions dependendent on the Central Management Server. STW00213.'

I have tried re-installing the BO, and also tried installing without giving admin password. But it doesn't work. And also I ahve tried giving the passwords of database and CMS Admin without Sepcia Characters. But it also doesn't work.

If I cancel and install the BO, Server Intelligence Agent is not available in Central Management Server.

Could anyone help on this issue?

Thanks

Prakadesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yuvarajponnusamy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prakadesh,

The installer cant't start the CMS,there could be two possible reasons,

1.You are using the existing tcp port number in ur system, default CMS port number is 6400.

2.Your DB connection for the CMS repository is wrong/cant create the tables.Most of the time this issue will occur.

Thanks,

Yuvaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvaraj,

I am using default CMS Port number 6400 only and it is not by any other. Installer is able to connect to database and it has created 15 tables in the database. But again I am getting the same issue

Thanks

Prakadesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakadesh,

Can you please check the event viewer for any errors that are posted while the installer tries to start the CMS?

This is should give us some direction for troubleshooting.

Regards

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

I am not getting any error message in Event Viewer. In event viewer it is showing as CMS started as shown in the screenshot below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakadesh,

Try the below steps.

1. Uninstall Business Objects.

2. Delete the CMS tables created by the installer in your database. ( I am assuming this is a new install and these are default tables with no data)

3. Install Business Objects with in-built database(SQL Anywhere or Mysql depending on the service pack).

4. Stop and delete the node created by the installer. Stop the in-built database engine.

5. Create a new node pointing to the database you want to.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

I have tried as you suggested. Now I am able to see SIA in CCM. But CMC page is not opening and I am not able to login to server by selecting the option 'Manage Servers' and 'Update Objects'.

When I give netstat -an in command prompt I am not able to see 6410 in the port list. Whether it will be enabled after CMC started working?

Thanks

Prakadesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakadesh,

Do you get any error while logging into Manage servers?

Do you see all the exe for servers, for e.g CMS.exe, Fileserver.exe etc

Are there any errors in event viewers for CMS or other services?

Regards

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

CMC is a web application for administration tasks. What is the present state of tomcat server. Is it started?

Are you able to check the Infoview application?

If infoview page is available proceed with redeploying the applications for tomcat. You would need to delete CmcApp in webapps directory. Location should be something like <installation directory>\SAP Business Objects\tomcat\Webapps.

To perform redeployment you have to stop tomcat and then delete the web app. Once the same is done start tomcat the web application gets automatically deployed.

Let us know once the issue gets resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

I am able to login to servers when it is pointing to default database (mysql). Once I change it to Oracle I am not able to login to manage servers and update objects option. Its showing error like not able to logon as server is not running. Sometimes its showing the account is not recognized.

Thanks

Prakadesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakadesh,

Try these steps.

1. Stop and disable the service of current SIA. You can do it from start-->run services.msc. Double click the SIA service and change the status to disable.

2. Login into sqlplus and drop all the CMS tables.

3. Create a new SIA pointing to Oracle from the CCM.

4. Start the new SIA and check if all services come up and you are able to login into Manager servers.

If this does not work, check the event viewer for error messages.

Regards

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinamaya,

I tried creating new SIA as per your steps, but it is not working. And also I don't see any error in event viewer. In event viewer I am seeing the message as Central Management Server Started.

Thanks

Prakadesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Infoview page is also not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you see tomcat running??

Check whether your tomcat page to be available. Use http://ipadrress of server: 8080/

This should give you tomcat homepage.

Redeploy all the apps. Cleanup the webapps folder after stopping tomcat and then start tomcat.

Wait for 5 minutes and then check whether infoview and cmc are available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakadesh,

Check the logging directory for CMS or SIA logs. Please sort the list by date modified and check for the duration when you were creating the new SIA.

Upload the logs.

Regards

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I redployed the webapps after stopping the Tomcat. But again InfoViewApp and Cmc are not coming.

Before redeploying webapps I was able to access Tomcat page.

Thanks

Prakadesh

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

I am not able to access the page that you have provided. It is asking me username and password. It is not accepting sap forum username and password.

Thanks

Prakadesh

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to use the SAP support portal username and password, not scn forum.