cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SalesForce and Crystal error

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to run a report created with Crystal 2008 V12.3.0.601 that uses data from SalesForce, I get the following two errors.

- Failed to retrieve data from the database.

- Database Connector Error: 'Unexpected'

This report also contains multiple subreports that also pull from SalesForce and when I run those by themselves, they work just fine.  The query/report on the main report that errors out in Crystal runs just fine in SalesForce.

I have reviewed some postings about changing the CRConfig file and those changes have not helped fix the error.

Specifics for my computer:

Win 7 - 64-bit

16GB memory

465 GB free HD space

Crystal Reports 2008 v12.3.0.601*

* I have also tried running the report a Win 7 - 32bit with 4GB memory & 297 GB free HD space using CR 2011 and get the same error.

All reports reside on a network server.

I have attached the CRconifg file.  Is there something else that I need to change in here like a java path?

Thanks

Glen Rogers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen

When I use the search term 'crystal salesforce fail' in the search box in the top right corner, I get the following KBAs that may help:

1825387 - Logon failed. Details: Unexpected error; nested exception is: Java.net.UnknownHostExceptio...

1639310 - Crystal Reports 2011 SP02 failed to connect to salesforce.com. Error: Failed to Open the c...

1978931 - Logon Failed error while connecting Crystal Reports 2013 to SalesForce.com

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

After reading some of the posts, I contacted our SalesForce IT team and they informed me they renamed some database fields that are in my report.  I remapped the fields and now the report works.

Thanks

Answers (0)