cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding name space

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Iam new to XI Could any one tell me about what is a namespace.

regards,

satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Development objects in the Integration Repository are organized by namespace.

This is similar to the way that customer developments in SAP systems are

organized by packages (or, in older SAP systems, development classes). Put

another way, each object in the Integration Repository is uniquely identified by the

triple of SWCV, namespace, and name.

A namespace should be a globally unique identifier, usually expressed as either a

URI (Uniform Resource Indicator, similar to a URL, but does not necessarily point

to a web resource) or a URN (Uniform Resource Name, like a URI but without a

protocol assignment).

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Satish,

Check out my reply to open the SLD help file. Here you will find all informataion about Namespace including creation of it.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sathish,

Namespace is just a cocept to organize your work neatly.

Its a logical separation of your work.

Regards,

Shri

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Namespaces are globally unique identifier for related Integration Repository Objects. Several namespaces can be assigned to the same SWCV. Namespace is used to identify your objects in the XML message uniquely. If you see Software Component Version is a Main folder(Directory Structure) then namespace is a subfolder inside the SWCV. Each SWCV can have multiple Namespaces. Each namespace represents your logical representation of your integration scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Namespace is used for logical grouping of objects. It has almost same identity as it has in other programing languages such as VB, JAVA or as in XML.

Check this SAP official doc on Namespace for more details:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/63/6a20401fe52402e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/63/6a20401fe52402e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm</a>

For further details on Namespace you can check your SLD help file page 39 onwards for all the details about it:

http://<your_xiserver_name>:<port number>/sld/doc/sld.pdf

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjna

Former Member
0 Kudos

A namespace in XI is similar to a namespace in other forms of programming (OOP). In programming you use namespaces to keep all of your variable names from conflicting with each other. So if there are 10 developers working on the same code, each can use the same variable name without having it conflict with another that's seperated by "namespace".

With regards to XI, a namespace is basically a way to group all of your repository objects. So if I'm working on one scenario and I have several data types and mapping objects, and you are working on another scenario that has different data types and other objects, then ours won't conflict with each other. It keeps things more organized.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

asuming you have two adress blocks in a message.

e.g.

a) account adress

b) delivery adress

Both a) and b) contain a element <i>street</i>.

Normally you cannot give an element <i>street</i>. two times in one datatype. For that you use namesspaces. It is a additional information to make a element unique

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your reply.could you tell how to create a names space.

With Regards,

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can correlate namespace with package in Java, or in other term it is simply logical unit to contain all related development in one unit.

another example could be folder.

Regards,

Gourav

---

<i>Reward points if it helps you</i>