cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Operation: Error in Production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For an external operation the price is not pulled into CK11N screen. The operation is seen with item category F in CK11N but there is no price. When I created production order manually , correct price is pulled for external operation from operation in cost analysis but there is an error in the production order  which says no price could be determined for external operation . I have mainatained valid Info records and cost element in operation.  There is no issue when I used subcontracting order, the problem is when I am using external operation when there is no check for subcontracting in the operation.

Thanks

Sapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As you said its working fine.

Have one more query here,I tested just by adding ctrl key PP02 in routing.

Do really work center assigned for subcontracting operation assigned in routing.

Will system taje the delivey time mentioned on info record for production order completion/delivery.

Regards,

Daya

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sapna,

Ensure you have maintained Purchase Info Record in ME11 for external operation with Info record category as 3 with correct price unit in Conditions tab.

Same Purchase Info Record has been assigned to External operation.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I dont want to use subcontracting info record as we dont have components to be sent to the vendor. This is purely external operation so I created info record as standard. I have checked the price and units ....they are valid. Any suggestions

Thanks

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

I hope you maintained control key as "PP02" for your external operation in your routing.when you convert the production order from planned order which is created by system(by MRP), by default, system will create subcontract PR for your external operation. So, try to create Info record with category as 'subcontract' and try the same. You can try with subcontract purchase info record even though if you not send any components but to consider job work cost. Just try and revert back.

Thanks

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sapna,

If you are not sending any material to vendor although you are expecting some services from the vendor which is a external processed operation so maintain a subcontracting purchase info record with category as 3 with correct price unit in Conditions tab and try again.

BR

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar, I have used Subcontracting info record in routing . The cost in standard cost estmate is pulled in to CK11N. But when I am converting purchase req to purchase order an error' no components could be determined' occured. How to resolve thsi error?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran, I have used Subcontracting info record in routing . The cost in standard cost estmate is pulled in to CK11N with item category L. But when I am converting purchase req to purchase order an error' no components could be determined' occured. How to resolve this error?

Just curios to know, if we have to use subcontarcting to pull the cost , why there is an option as Item category as F: extrenal activity in cK11N?

Thanks

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sapna,

The costing variant(OKKN) specifies how the externally processed operation is to be valuated. The costing variant refers to a valuation variant(OPN2). The valuation variant specifies the price used to valuate the external activity.

But when I am converting purchase req to purchase order an error' no components could be determined' occurred. How to resolve this error?

What is the business scenario you are working and you do not have any components in BOM for External Processing Operation Order Header material?

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

The manufactured part have a BOM. The components are assigned to first operation which is inhouse operation. The 4 th operation is external. The initial issue was .. I have used standard  inforecord in the operation detail for external operation. When I am doing stanadrad cost estimate for this part there was an error" no cost could be determined for external operation". To resolve this .. as you suggested I went and used subcontracting info record in routing details for external operation. The error in CK11N gone. Now I am getting error in Purchase order for external operation " No components could be determined ".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran, The components assigned for 1st operation are issued to the production order. There wont be any components left  to issue to the vendor.

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

Please refer the below link, it may help you to resolve the issue. I understand that the subcontract operation which is only involving job work without additional components. It's definitely possible we will send the operation output for the subcontract work without any additional components.

Thanks

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sapna,

So you are not sending any components to vendor for processing if there is no material or stock exists for external operation then you need to use either a dummy material or text item.

BR
KK

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

I to have same requirement. I tried by adding as text item in BOM and assigning to operation.

Need one clarification here, how this text item will help for this kind of scenario.How system will capture the sihcontracting cost of operation.

There is no need to issue material to vendor in system b6 541 mvt type..?

Text item is helping me to create PR into PO and GR against order thts all.

Could you please explain us in detail.

Regards,

Daya

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

If it's production subcontracting, you have to create subcontract purchase info with the combination of material group (instead of material since you don't have material no for your operation output) and vendor. The same info record should assign to external operation in routing. While running the costing, system will fetch the job work cost by using this info record which is assigned in routing. It's possible without add any component, you can create subcontract PR from subcontract PR. It's not mandatory to add any component as BOM item but subcontract PR/PO has been created with operation description instead of nay material. Please test this scenario and revert back.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sapna,

have you already check explosion date and validation date of the routing?

You should check also start valid date of inforecord conditions.

You should try also to create also a new production order with explosion date in the future.

As last test : you can verify if for external operation there is a long description for that external operation.

Let me know if one of this test solved your problem:)

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the validation of routing, it is 08/20/2014. I have added the external operation on 09/15/2014.

When creating production order , in read Pp master data , explosion date i have given is 11/ 01/ 2014 but same error.

I have checked the start and valid date of condition record ,  are valid.

There is no long text for external operation.  I am facing the same error in Cl11n. Please suggest.

Thanks