cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC RAR 5.3 Management View - Where is this Data Stored?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I'm hoping to get some feedback regarding the details of how the Management View data is populated in the RAR informer tab and how/if it relates to other server references in the configuration such a the Background Spool File Location.

We currently are running into an issue with a large amount of space being used on the server and we'd like to identify the best way to manage the clean-up to maintain a years worth of historical data within our RAR system. We have referenced SAP Notes: 1511027 - Periodic clean up of spool files & 1691399 - Monitoring of spool or log files in Risk Analysis and Remediation; however these notes do not provide details which explain how the data is stored on the server.

Can any one provide assistance with identifying the following information:

1. What information is stored in the Background Spool File Location?
  2. Where is the data stored with populates the Management View within the Informer Tab & what is the best way to clean-up/purge the historical data over time?
  3. Is there a best practice for managing data storage with on the GRC server for automating data clean-up?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darnell,

You can refer: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1691399

And to understand how the management reports gets populated, you can refer to: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1179717

Hope these help.

Let us know for any further concerns.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darnell,

Kindly confirm if you got your concerns clarified with the suggested solutions or let us know in case of any issues.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet -

Thank you for the feedback. We are still working with our infrastructure team to determine what details they are needing in order to move forward with the cleanup.

1.) I believe the areas that are filling up are the Spool File locations we have designated on the server. Do the management reports store any information in this spool file location? It seems like only Ad Hoc risk analysis jobs get moved into this location and if that is the case, are those files stored indefinitely until they are cleaned up?

The reason I ask is because we have reoccurring 'weekly' risk analysis jobs which we run in the background. We access and download these report results each week and when the report runs for the next week, the previous week jobs are no longer accessible; which leads me to believe that the older jobs may not be overwritten in the JobSpool location. At the end of the day, we need to determine what information we would be losing by cleaning up this Spool file location to free up space on the server.

2.) Our current Management Report history goes back about 3 years to allow us to see the management reports data (of user/role risks values for example) for each month for the last 3 years. We do not need details back that far and I'd like to find out where that information is stored and whether or not it is taking up a large amount of space on the server as well. If I wanted to cleanup or remove history within the Management report back to only one year, what would be the best way to do that.

Regards,

Darnell

Answers (0)