cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository Diagnostic Tool on a cluster system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I ran RDT (only scan) on a development environment and works fine. When I checked some inconsistences, they are real. After this, stop CMS and FRS and run RDT with -repair parameter. It ran succesfull.

Now, I'm running RDT (only scan) on a production environment with cluster and the inconsistences are not real. i.e. Webi object 'XXXX' (Object ID = 12345) is referencing files that do not exist in the FRS (roiw3vfrd9v45f50e3.wid). When I search this file in CMC, the file exists and has a path. When I find on Infoview, I can open the file, no show me any error.

I used the sentence: /business/bobje/boe_reposcan.sh -dbdriver oracledatabasesubsystem -connect "UID=BDuser;PWD=PwdUser;DSN=DSN;PORT=6400" -inputfrsdir /business/bobje/data/frsinput -outputfrsdir /business/bobje/data/frsoutput -outputdir /business/bobje/enterprise120/reposcan

There are some parameters when RDT run on a live system with a clustered CMS database: requestport, numericip, ipv6, port, threads.

Are they necessary to run RDT in this case?

In which case they are needed?

I'm running RDT on BO XI 3.1

Thanks,

Omar

Pd. English is not my native language. Sorry for the gramatical errors

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to use the other parameters. Not mandatory.

Can you run below query in query builder?

select * from ci_infoobjects where
si_files like '%~roiw3vfrd9v45f50e3.wid%' (name of si_file name will vary based
on the scan results)

Note down the location of the actual file in CMS
(location will be available in query builder results), and also notice the
location of the file in scan results. If both the locations does not match, Go
to the location of file store and delete the file (location from the scan
results).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar, thank you for your quickly response.

Do you know in which cases these parameters are needed?

Yes, I can run that query but in the scan results file I do not see the location, for each block of inconsistencies appear these fields: Inconsistent Objects, Object Name, Object Kind, Total Inconsistencies, Inconsistency, Warning and Suggestion.

Thanks,

Omar

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a cluster environment , if there is firewall. Otherwise they are not required. I am not sure how your environment is setup.

You should see the FRS location. Scan results will show only FRS path, not actual path in CMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Input and Output FRS path was wrong! Sorry.

I read that it is not recommend run RDT against a live CMS and FRS but without parameter -repair is posible run without stop services?

Thanks,

Omar