cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Externally processed operation and planned order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

When an operation is defined as externally processed, once the production order (from a planned order generated via MRP) is created, the purchase requisition for that operation is automatically generated. My question is if it is possible to generate the purchase requisition before generating the production order, I mean, with the planned order.

Although this external operation is defined in the routing, the planned order does not show it and it means that the purchase requisition is not generated.

In our scenario we want to convert the production orders as late as possible to have automatic changes in BOM, but if we do not convert the planned orders to production orders, we won’t have this purchase requisitions.

Is there any way to solve this?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laura,

in subcontracting scenary the pruchase requisition subcontracting is create onyl whan create production order for operations that contains external control Key.

In this case you can also decide if create purchase requisition at creation of the production order or at release of production order, but it not possible by standard SAP generate it in planned order status.

Let me know if i ask you dubts

Daniele

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Laura

No, it's not possible to generate the purchase requisition for an externally processed operation before the creation of the production order. The planned order routing is only exploded for scheduling and capacity requirements calculation and an operation is not actually created.

As an alternative, you can create a separated material number and assign the special procurement 30 for subcontracting to this material. If you add this component to the BOM of the parent material, MRP will directly generate a purchase requisition for subcontracting.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

I have already considered that option but I think that it is not possible in our case. As we are producing as Reservation for WBS element and we generate project stock (Q), I think it is not possible to have special procurement 30.  Two special stock indicators are not possible, are they?

I suppose that my only option is creating the production order sooner and read pp master data every time information changes. Am I correct?

Regards.

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

In this scenario, Read PP master would be the apt solution.

You can always create the production order, so that hte purchase requisitions are created. In case there is a change in the BOM, you can re-read the master data in the production order which should be suffice.

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Answers (0)