cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI 4.1 SP1- Users unable to edit reports in favorites and Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have installed SAP BI 4.1 SP1 in our environment.The installation was successful.

I have created a new group " test" and added few users to this group. I have given View on Demand,Schedule,View access level permissions to this "test" group in the Root folder(Manage > Top Level Security > All Folders)

Users are able to copy the reports to their favorites folder but they are unable to modify them. Modify option appears but on click on it the report again opens in the reading mode not in the design mode.

Please let me know what others permissions is required for the user to edit the reports in the favorites and Inbox.

Regards,

Pavithra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

You should provide access on web intelligence application.

Right name: Web intelligence application >reporting-enable formatting

I hope it will allow you to modify the report(Design mode)

Thanks & regards,

Ilayaperumal.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilayaperumal,

Thanks for your input.

I was able to open the report in the design mode by granting the right Right name: Web intelligence application >reporting-enable formatting

But after granting this right users are able to view even the Public folder reports in the design mode .

1) How can i remove the design mode access only for public folder reports?

2) Previously in SAP 3.1 X1 version once the user was created. The user had full control access to their Favourites folder and Everyone hadno access

In the SAP BI 4.1 SPI I see that Everyone has access to a user inbox or favorites .

How can I change this? Only user should have Full control access to favourites or inbox folder

Regards,

Pavithra P

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Select 'Everyone' and Click on 'Assign Security' and remove the access if you see anything in 'Assigned access level' and also uncheck both the options' Inheritance'

former_member190982
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavithra,

In 4.1 , a new Access Level was introduced Full Control (owner)

So if you , See anything like this on Top Level  Inboxes or Personal Folder

Administrator      -> Advanced

Everyone             -> Advanced

These are teh default settings,

If you view the security here,

Administrators will have Full control and Edit and delete Objects will be denied. (hence advanced)

Everyone will have  Full control(owner) and Edit and Delete Objects will be denied. (hence advanced)

Regards,

RVS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On root folder assign "view" access to Everyone group

On Sub folder remove all the access "no access" to Everyone group.

Before doing modification, take a screen shot of current settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please make sure that the issue is not occuring with the Administrator account to confirm that this is an issue with rights.
You have to know that the predefined access levels View on Demand,Schedule,View cannot offer the ability to edit an object..

Only the owner of the favourite folder should have full control access to his favourite/personal folder

You may need to contact the SAP support for a better investigation.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Insaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried adding the same security on personal folders but it didn't help

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly clarify whether you have a actual report or shortcut of the report in your personal folders.

Also you can use security query to identify where the required rights has been denied for you.

refer here

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apply same security on 'personal folders' as well.