cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM: Upgrade to SCM7 EHP3

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Trying to upgrade SAP SCM 5.10 + LiveCache, to SCM7 + EhP3.

Got MOPz to calculate the stack file, and downloaded all files put into the download basket.

Got me the latest SUM (SP11) and got started on a sandbox system for the upgrade test.

The initial scan of the download dir went through OK, but then in step "Extraction" SUM stops and keeps asking me for "KernelDVD for OS LINUX_X86_64 and Unicode", from DVDs kit "BS2013_SR1".

Try as I may, I can not find that DVD Kit on SAPnet, not under this customer's OSS ID anyway.

And the second string is way to generic to be of any use in a search.

There is no LABEL file referenced anywhere, not even in the logs (and I checked them all).

I opened up a ticket with SAP about this, but I could just as well hit a concrete wall with wet pasta.

Time is pressing here and it would help it I would at least know what kind of DVD kit SUM is looking for, because "BS2013_SR1" - I couldn't find that one on SAPnet, not even with the global search function.

Thx in advance for any help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I can see these Upgrade Export DVD's on SMP.

51047934_6 SAP SCM 7.0 EHP3 SR1 Upgrade Export 1/2

51047934_7 SAP SCM 7.0 EHP3 SR1 Upgrade Export 2/2

Regards

RB

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Yet I need the kernel DVD, not the  export dump 😉

Still, your reply was helpful, as a search for "SCM 7.0 EHP3 SR1 Upgrade" revealed several other DVDs and now I'm downloading them all, and will try them one by one.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Try this package.

51048107_9 SAP Kernel 7.41 Linux on x86_64 64bit

By the way you can check the MIDService.log and CDTRACE.trc logs to tackle these issues.

For more information check note 1300960 - Problems with MID-based DVDs during upgrade

Regards

RB

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Fits like a fiddle and one day before SAP (finally) responded to a High Priority ticket

Thanks Mate

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Good Luck mate

RB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Donaldo,

Please check the media list needed for your upgrade available in http://service.sap.com/instguides > SAP Business Suite Applications > SAP SCM > SAP SCM Server > Using SAP EHP 3 for SCM Server 7.0:

Best Regards,

Nicolas