cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding a data field in SAP Crystal Reports 2011

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to SAP Crystal Reports 2011 (Crystal Reports).

Does any one know how to hide a Special Field in a Crystal Report?

Specifically, I am trying to hide the Special Field, 'Record Number'  from displaying on my report.

I need the Special Field, 'Record Number' to know how many records was printed on my report

in order to limit the amount of records printed while I am testing this new report.

Thanks for the help!

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Right-click the field > format field > common tab > check 'Suppress'.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abilash,

Now that this field is hidden, can I still refer to it (in order to limit the number of records displayed on my report)?

-Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Yes to hide specific field, follow abhilash suggestion..

1. Limit the number of records displayed on your report like that:

section expert -> particular your report section -> click on suppress -> write below formula

RecordNumber > Limited number of records count..

2. limit the number of records  per page on your report follow below link:

Thanks,

DJ

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Tony,

You cannot use the RecordNumber field to filter records. Also DJ's suggestion about 'suppressing' the section based on this field might not be the best one in terms of report's performance either.

You should consider adding another field in your datasource that 'numbers' each row (more like what the RowNum() function in oracle does) and use this in the record selection formula.

If you're reporting against a Stored Proc or a Command Object, you can simply use the field I mentioned above in the where clause of the query.

-Abhilash