Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when activating query after rewerse transport

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After creating two querries on prd I transporting them backwards (reverse transport) to qua and dev the error was displayed on qua (below)

On dev everything was ok (the transport landed in green) so on dev I created BEx transport, saved both querries (they joined this BEx transport) and I send them to qua and prd.

This time transport do qua ended with the same error.

Making things worse this time transport to prd also ended with return code 8 (below)

(this time all it seems all elements of both transported querries were listed in error info)

How it is that the querries that were originally on prd (and working all right there)  after being transported to dev can't be transported back to prd ?

How to check what causes that error ?

Regards, Leszek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leslaw,

Assuming as your transporting query from Prod-->Qua--->dev and Dev-->qua-->prod.

After the reverse transport to dev, are you transporting the same transport rquest to prod again?

Above error is purely related to collected objects issue.

You may  collected only query not the other elements.

So as of now at which server you got above error and form where you transported?

Thanks

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, first transport was prd -> qua (error) -> dev (transport ok).

This time I created normal transport on prd choosing both querries. Option only necesary objects was active so apart from querries lots of elements was choosen to transport. May be not all - I didn't check.

Then on dev I created bex tr and saved both querries (they were attached to this tr. automatically - I did nothing considering attaching the elements). 

The error on nbq was displayed in both transports (reverse prd to qua & dev and  dev to qua & prd).

The error on prd was displayed in transport from dev to qua & prd.

There were no error while transporting to dev.

Regards, Leszek

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So at Dev and prod transports green.

But problem at Quality only.

So from dev, again collect your bex query and query elements. You need to select all elements which are relevant your query.

collect objects into transport from RSA1-->transport connection.

Release at dev and import Qua. if its fine then same move to prod.

One thing i won;t understand.

Why your doing two way transport for same query?

Whats the use?

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume there's no method of checking what caused the error.

I agree that it looks like there is an object which somehow is not taken to transport but I'm sure that during creation of the transport I set Grouping to Only necessary objects and Collection mode to Cellect Automatically what else is needed ???.  

I'll try once more to transport one of the querries from dev to qua.

But one question: should I create standard transport or create BEx transport.

P.S.

I created the second transport after I noticed that the error while transporting from prd to qua had happened. I hoped that in that way it would go right.

Regards, Leszek

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Grouping - only necessary obejcts

collecting mode - Automatically.

Next you can drag your query from middle pane to rigth pane.

Later, at right side pane, Expand your query, it may shows all eleemtns which are part of it.

select all and collect into bex transport.

Need to create bex transport.

Yes, from prod collect your bex into transprot and reimport to BWQ.

Thanks

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

(I've never done any bex transport and I'm not sure what to do next:

- prd

- rsa1

- transport connection

- query elements

- query

- dragging both queries from left to right - at this time all elements on the right pane are unchecked

- select all

- deselect  both datacube the querries are made on (now everything on the right pane is checked except datacubes.

(I dont need to transport datacubes because the are modified on dev and transported to qua & dev everytime)

- create BEx transport

- assign / delete request

- create request (adding short description, save)

now I'm puzzled

What about assigning a package ?

While creating normal (not BEx) transport I have the opportunity to asign to one.

Regards, Leszek

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As my guess your bex transport might be saved to custom package.

When we transport from dev to qua ad prd, we transports the objects which are saved in custom package. at prod all your object changes will be saved to custom package.

so you can cross check about custom package or $tmp.

from above screen you can see  right side(last date, last modified by etc) screen column - package.

Thanks

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I don't see in SE10 anything attached to this transport.

I see ZBW01 package now. Because while I was doing that transport for the first time I used ZBW01 - that was normal transport not BEx.

I was wondering why I don,t that it in BEx transport request window.

May be, now I should press button "transport" now to attach choosen element to my transport (to see them in se10).

Regards, Leszek

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

package(ZBW01) whatever it is no issues. just we need custom package. that's irrelevant to bex or normal transport.

From your screen, RSA1--> transport connection, right side pane - Transport request column is empty.

its clearly showing as you didn't collected objects into transport.

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leslaw,

I would suggest you to check the consistency of transport request before you transport.

You can use program - RSO_TLOGO_CHECK_REQUEST with SE38.

After collecting all the objects in request, you can use this program and look for the issue. this way you can move on and find out the issue to look further.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Suneet

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interesting,

I'll do it but is there need of thecking consistency of query that works all right.

Users run it many times a day everyday and see no problems.

Regards, Leszek   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's a good idea.

You can check the query consistency in Q sys, where you see the issue in transport.

Such query transport issue occurs because of missing objects or object status is not same in system.

Try transport query with Over wright mode also in STMS.

So there are the other option that you can check if all ok in transport consistency.

thanks

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't check the query consistency in qua because I never managed to to transport it there.

I created it in prd then it went all right from prd to dev. The transport to qua was red.

Then I tried to transport it from dev to qua and prd but in both cases the transport finished in red.

Regards, Leszek  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oky,,, so it's fresh query that you looking for transport.

You much check the transport consistency and if any issue then need  look them.

You can also post error message......

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is your issue solved?

BR/Suneet

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had to use overwrite original objects option to transport the querries to qua and dev.

In the process I tested consistency of transports (RSO_TLOGO_CHECK_REQUEST in SE38) and there were no inconsistent transport in prd,qua or dev.

After creating transport according to method mentioned by Aparajit () in the error info I saw which query elements couldn't be transported.  I was able to get to know their codes in V_ELTDIR_TXT table.

Then I decided to transport those elements alone and this time I had to use overvriting originals option in transport.

Thanks everyone for help.

Leszek

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Leslaw,

Already Experts have suggested all important information.
I am just adding a small piece to that.
It will help you in collecting your Bex Query and Query elements successfully in a TR and then you can successfully make the Transport happen from one environment to another environment.
Please check below  documents. It helped me too.

Hope they help you.

Thanks and Regards,
Aparajit

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for taking part in this chalange.

I tried to create BEx transport by using the method mentioned in "How to create BEx transport from DEV to CUA" but I stopped at the point while choosing query element after filtering the type of objects - there are too many of them.

Regards, Leszek

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

Good to know the document helped you a bit.
To answer your question  Please collect all the objects types ELEM
There will be many in nos. These query elements belong to the BEx Query you have just developed and captured in the Transport Connection
You can change and select the right package as shown in below screenshot. Just right click on the collected query and perform the selection.
Only after that save it in a TR

For reference, you can check the previous appropriate transports that took place to your production system. Use Tcode se01 and check the other TRs of other users just in case if you are confused about the right package.

(I always prefer to collect one query with its elements into a  single TR a a time.As two queries two separate TRs. )

Here is the screenshot:

Hope it helps!
- Aparajit

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be we have the reason for the error.

While I'm creating the transport in say traditional way:

- transport connection

- Grouping - only necessary obejcts

- collecting mode - Automatically.

- query elements

- query

- dragging both queries from left to right - at this time all elements on the right pane are unchecked

- select all

- deselect  both datacube the querries are made on (now everything on the right pane is checked except datacubes.

Now I see 136 elements that will be taken to that transport.

After this I do what is written in the blog you have mentioned:

- Set package

- set filter / object type = ELEM

I see over 190 elements to check

I assume now that there are some elements that were have not been choosen while using the first method.

But why they were not choosen ??? What are theese elements ??? Should I really attach all 190 element to this transport ??

It's very difficult to check an element looking at it's code. May be I don't need to do this.

Regards Leszek

mohd_abdullah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said you have dragged two queries to right pannel....136 elements belong to the first query and the rest 54 belongs to the 2nd I suppose ....can you please check that.......

And yes you need to make sure that all the elements are selected.

And you can check the description of those elemnt using the table "RSZELTDIR".....

Regards.

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, not that time.

To make the thing simpler I add to the transport only one query.

All the elements are checked. I'm sure. I looked at it while counting them one by one. Strange !!!

Regards, Leszek

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Leszek,

Do you get a repair symbol in the transport when you collect the transport in Dev.

We had tried this. When you move these queries in production you make use of the option

Overwrite with originals, this might make sure that transport goes without any errors

Regards

Gajesh

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not long ago I fought with infopackage that was repaired in the system http://scn.sap.com/thread/3614256 . Not this time.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me.

Regards, Leszek,

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you keeping in tact your transport path in SCC4 t-code ,what ever way you want to move?

Take a look at my exclusive blog : How to manage error free transports

Regards,

Suman

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I've seen your blog. In fact, I recomended it to some people several times.

I'll read it once more may be I'll find something .

Transport path is ok I think. I transport almost everyday all kinds of objects (except BEx querries) from dev to qua and prd without any problem.

Could you write me some more about using here SCC4.

Regards, Leszek