cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Seach Help for Sales Organization and Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In my query, I have sales org and plant as selection criteria. When I input a sales org, plants are filtered according to the input sales org value (based on the master data of plant).

Is there any way that I input a sales org and I can see all possible plants in the transactions?

(I tried setting the option "Values in Master Data Tables" but it doesn't work.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you want to restrict the F4 help of plant only to values corresponding to Sales org in input help then you need to implement implement BADI RSR_VARIABLE_F4_RESTRICT_BADI. PFB the link for how to document for the same.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/4009b0a8-7adc-2e10-48b3-a111c8f407af&override...

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Thanks for your sharing; however, in my situation, it is opposie.

Plants are already restricted corresponding to the input sales organization.

For example, if I input sales org = 7081, BEx displays only plants under sales org 7081.

However, I need it to display plants from other sales org as well.

In my cube, there are transactions where sales org = 7081 but plants belongs to others sales org.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

could you share the steps you are performing and the data set which is available. the last statement is a little confusing -- 

In my cube, there are transactions where sales org = 7081 but plants belongs to others sales org.

"When I input a sales org, plants are filtered according to the input sales org value (based on the master data of plant)."

in the above statement you are executing the report or are you trying to do a F4 on plant in selection screen only and the data is restricted.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for your help. Here are the steps.

1) If I input Sales Org = 7081, the possible values of plants are restrcted to "NU01" which is under sales org 7081 only.

2) If I do not input any Sales Org, all the possible values of plants are displayed (such as LK11, LJ11,etc).

If I filter only Plant = LJ11, LK11, there are transaction with Sales Org 7081 and Plant = LJ11, LK11 in the infocube as below picture.

What I want is I want to input Sales Org 7081 and then filter plant LJ11, LK11. However, when I input Sales Org 7081, only the plant NU01 is available on the Search Help screen.

Noted:

- I navigate 0SALESORG in 0PLANT

- Both 0SALESORG and 0PLANT are AuthorizationRelevant

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarow,

you approach is right. Please check if you have really selected the "values in master data table" for filter value selection during query execution of plant characteristic.

regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

In my cases, it seems that BEX filters plants under input sales org (based on the master data of plant).

I tried the "values in master data table", "only posted value for navigation", and "only values in infoprovider". Nothing is changed. Is there any other settings that cause bahaviors?

Regards,

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarow,

Will you please check if your plant characteristic is navigational attribute of sales org. I am not sure right now how it would behave if it is a nav. attr. There are cases when these options are not working. These cases are mentioned in sap help documents. You may want to look at the help documents if one of the cases is your case.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

Yes, we navigate sales oganization in plant and use it in the report.

Does it cause this behavior? Could you please share a sap help document related to this case?

Is there any way to prevent this behavior except resetting the navigate attribute (0SALESORG) in plant?

In my business scenario, 1 sales org can pick up materials from plants of other sales orgs.

For example, sales org 7081 can sales material from plant LK11 (belong to sales org 6461)

Regards,

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarow,

That may be the case I guess (Please notify that I am not %100 sure). And unfortunately no alternative way comes to my mind right now except adding it to the infoprovider and fill from attribute through transformation. Then when you select master data, it will show all of them.

To check sap help please follow the link:

Characteristic Properties - SAP Business Explorer - SAP Library 

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yasemin,

Thank you so much for your help.

However, in the provided link, which statement explain the above behavior?