cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a dimension be identified as a Geo dimension?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm using Lumira 1.18 and I met a problem. I want to use the Geo graphic but when I created the Geo hierarchy the lumira only identified the dimension called "country" and the dimension called "region" cannot be identified. The "region" contains the names of provinces of China. "province" can be regarded as the states in USA.

best regards,

Shuang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shuang,

Can you please provide screenshots of your workflow? I would expect that when you create the geo hierarchy by names, you would be able to choose the dimension "region" as the sub-region in the user interface screen.

Regards,

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

Thanks.

The "region" dimension is not recognized as a Geo dimension.

%>_<%

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you try replace the / par something else? Try dash -.

attach the screenshot where you select the geo dimensions please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I chose to show Geo dimensions, "Region" has only one option which shows "none".

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I suspect these regions might be unknown to Lumira internal geo db. Can you please attach a sample .xls file to this post containing the various regions of China so that I can give it a try and pass the question to my engineering colleagues?

Thanks

Anoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used "BestRunCorp" as a data and the two cities can be identified. I guess there must be something wrong with the names of provinces but I don't know how to modify.

The webpage cannot support to upload the .xls file so I have to upload a text sample which I cannot assure it can be opened normally. The sample has only some names of provinces and they all belong to China. Could you give a Email address so that I can send you the .xls file.

Thanks a lot !

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried using the Chinese names (ideograms) instead of the English transcript of these names?

Please rename your .xls file to .txt then attach to the post.

Thanks

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried Chinese and English but it didn't work.

Thanks.

Shuang

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

After chatting with my engineering colleagues, I am sorry I come back with bad news for you. We do not deliver the intermediate levels for China and the same applies to Japan. We only deliver city level for these two countries. So it means what you are trying to achieve is not possible for now with the current state of the product. I see a kind of popular idea in our idea place website to improve the current situation. The best I can offer to you right now is to vote on this idea: https://ideas.sap.com/SAPLumira/D20954

Best regards,

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I see.

Anyway thank you a lot.

Best regards,

Shuang