Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal report "Failed to load database information" error after publish

I have seen similar questions, but none of the answers seem to apply to my situation.

I am upgrading an older web application to Visual Studio 2013, using the SAP Visual Studio Crystal Reports tools. Everything works great until I publish.

I have two sorts of reports: Some that export to Excel, and some that export to PDF. All work fine within Visual Studio. However, when I publish, the reports that should go to PDF give me the following error.

Failed to load database information.Error in File [Report Name] {GUID}.rpt

I have seen several posts that indicate that this could be a 32/64 bit issue. I am using a newer 64 bit SQL database, and this is an old application. I have it set to Any CPU. However, since the reports work fine in Visual Studio, I don't see how this could be the issue.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Geoff Callaghan

Former Member
Former Member replied

Actually, as it turns out, the issue was resolved by one of your troubleshooting guides. I followed these steps:

1) Export the dataset to XML

2) Open the report and change the Datasource Location to the XML document

3) Click Update; sometimes at this point I had to accept, sometimes nothing happened, but I never had to change any data types.

4) Point the report back to the real data.

5) Publish the website to test.

There are many reports in this web application, so it will be a tedious process, but it seems to work so far.

I'd love to link to the document that helped me figure it out, but I can't seem to find it anymore, and several others have the same name. For other users, could you point to that link?

Thanks!

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question