cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 SP04: Agentry - What happened to the server certificate (smp_crt.cer) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I have upgraded my SMP 3.0 installation to SP04 PL01.

Now I want to test an Agentry Application using the latest ATE from the Agentry SDK SP05 PL01.

I get a well known error: "Certificate received is not found in the trusted list, nor can it be traced to a trusted root."

This usually means that your client is not trusting the server certificate from your SMP server.

But since I am upgrading, and have connected successfully earlier on, I already have the certificate installed in my list of

trusted authorities.

So now I am examining my SMP server to see if the certificate has been updated in the upgrade process.

My big surprise is that somehow it was removed !

The file <SMP_HOME>\Server\configuration\smp_crt.cer no longer exist.

What is going on ?

Søren Hansen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Søren,

When I check my SP04 runtime install I still see the certificate install. 

When you go to <SMP_HOME> folder you should see a folder called like "Backup-server.X.X.X.X" to the version you had before the upgrade and drill down to \Server\Configuration\ and get the certificate file and move it back to the server.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

It worked. I can see that my installation varies quite a lot from your. I may need to do a fresh install. But am worried that the upgrade process is causing my problems.

Did you do a fresh install of SMP 3.0 with SP04, or did you upgrade from a previous version ?

Søren.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did an upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, thanks for your reply.

It must be something with my installation then.

Søren.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Søren, Can you please explain how did you resolve this error on your local installation. We have installed SP04 and then upgraded to PL01, PL02 respectively. we do get 'I am here' message with the URL, but for the same URL in the same server, with a local WPF client, its throwing the error. Certificate received is not found in the trusted list, nor can it be traced to a trusted root. Please let me know if you have tips to resolve this. Thanks, Jilan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your error is not exactly the same as the one I am describing in this thread.

But your's should be easily solved simply by installing and trusting the server certificate smp_crt.cer.

You do this either from your browser by clicking the certificate in the adress list (e.g. from the 'I am here' URL), or by copying the smp_crt.cer file from the SMP server and double clicking it. Add the certificate to your list of Trusted CA's on your client (must be chosen manually in Windows).

Søren.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Also, when you upgrade to server SP04 or higher you need to also be sure to upgrade to SDK SP05 or higher clients.  There was a client change needed to support connecting a server with multiple Agentry apps.

--Bill

Answers (0)