cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS 1.3 using CHART.getSelectedMember

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on DS version 13.0.3.201405141058, just upgraded 1.2. The previously working clause +CHART_M.getSelectedMember("0CALMONTH")
is no longer working.

Interaction Selection mode is set to Single.

The original filter in the data source on 0CALMONTH is 10.2013 - 09.2014.

The following code is NOT working in DS 1.3 , that is, the data is not filtered to the specific month when being selected in the chart
in runtime (this has worked before in 1.2)

APPLICATION.openNewWindow(“https://.........

........VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING=”+CHART_M.getSelectedMember("0CALMONTH").externalKey);

Hard coding without selection on chart is working. The data set is restricted just to September 2014.

APPLICATION.openNewWindow("https://..........

..........VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING=09.2014");

Tests were made using text field.

Using the code below, the month that is selected in the chart is not written in the text field

TEXT_7.setText("Month: "+CHART_M.getSelectedMember("0CALMONTH").externalKey);

Not this one below either.

TEXT_7.setText("Month: "+CHART_M.getSelectedMember("0CALMONTH").text);

Using the code below, select one month, the result is:  Month: (ALL MEMBERS)

TEXT_7.setText("Month: "+CHART_M.getSelectedMember("0CALMONTH").internalKey);

Does anybody know what the problem is?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Zabrina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zabrina,

Would you please look at this thread

See if the answer by helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks a lot. Indeed what Brian Coughlan is completely correct with the bugg in DS 1.3.

".....your have carraige return characters in the text descriptions of the key figures. e.g. "Ufall <CR> CR> 2014.

There is a issue around this currently in DS 1.3 SP1, where the presence of a <CR> character in the text desc, results in the selected member not being returned. In this case you see this "ALL_MEMBERS" text instead.

Can you edit your BW query, and remove the <CR> from the key figure text, this should solve this. We recommend customers refrain from inserting special characters within text fields, just to change formatting within the crosstab. There is a column Resize property within the crosstab of Design Studio to cater for long text fields .......

We are working to improve the handling of this in DS 1.4 release.

Best regards,

Brian "

I have changed the queries and it's working fine as before.

My question is when when DS 1.4 release is targeted. We cannot change all the queries and move up to production in order to make the solutions work. This is a huge migration project with hundreds of DS reports are involved.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Zabrina

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zabrina,

I think we heard on Monday at that 1.4 is targeted for October/November (subject to change, of course)