Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MATMAS Inbound processing error] Material not in sales org. XXXX distrib. channel XX (Mesage no. M3 384)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While processing inbound MATMAS, the IDoc fails with information written to application log. The application log (SLG1) displays error message... "Material not in sales org. XXXX distrib. channel XX (Mesage no. M3 384)".

The material is brought into this SAP system for the first time and I'm unable to figure out if any necessary config is missing.

I've checked all thru SPRO and could not find anything that I can guess is causing this issue. If it helps, I've setup OVX6 (Assign plants to sales org. / dist.ch.).

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems the material is not extended properly to the sales area. Take help of your MM functional.

Else, Debug and see, if the material number passed to the Idoc is correct ( check if it is format issue)

Cheers,

Raju Shrestha

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems the material is not extended properly to the sales area. Take help of your MM functional.

Else, Debug and see, if the material number passed to the Idoc is correct ( check if it is format issue)

Cheers,

Raju Shrestha

0 Kudos

Raju,

Since this is the first time the MATMAS IDoc is processed, can a material be extended to a sales area before the material itself is created?

0 Kudos

Ganadeep - Just debug and see if the Sales area data is coming correct in the idoc..

0 Kudos

Raju,

It is coming thru correctly. For another material with same error, when I removed the E1MVKEM segments using WE19, the IDoc posted successfully to create the material. Then I was able to manually added the sales area to the material. This confirms the sales area is configured well enough for direct entry.

Was wondering if there was any other config that I could be missing before debugging. Will debug deeper and let you know what I find further.

0 Kudos

Check the segment-field E1MVKEM-MSGFN the value should be '009' for creation.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

Felipe,

Thank you very much!

The MSGFN function code was coming in as 005 (Replace: This message replaces previous messages). When I edited the IDoc to 009 (Original: First message for process), the document posted successfully.

Now I need to figure out how to get source system to send with 009. Else, will setup a ALE rule in the receiver system.

If you have any thoughts, please suggest.

0 Kudos

I suggest you to implement badi BADI_MATMAS_ALE_CR.

Regards,

Felipe

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You wil need to debug the IDoc processing to find out why this error is coming. Most likely it is missing data in the IDoc.