cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I setup BO XI on a 64-bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just now I installed BO XI on 64-bit windows server machine, but none of the services are starting. I found that its not able to connect to the SQLSERVER instance that got installed during BO setup. I tried connecting 32 bit odbc connection but that did not work. Appreciate your help on resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Bidya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bidehalaxmi,

The information you provided is not enough. Please provide as many of the following details as possible:

1. Which version did you install ?

2. Is it a stand alone installation ?

3. Did you get any warnings/errors  on the prerequisite check screen during the initial screens of Installer program ?

4. At the end of the installation did you get the screen that says something like Installation Completed Successfully OR did you get a screen that said Installation completed with errors. ?

5. Since you have mentioned "SQLSERVER instance that got installed during BO setup" I am assuming hat you are using an older installer of BI 4.0 since that version came with SQL Server 2008 Express database bundled with the BO installer. Please confirm.

Regards,

Mihir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihir,

1. Version is XI 3.0

2. Yes

3. No, i did not get any error during pre-requisite check

4. At the end I got a screen saying Installation Completed Successfully.

5. You are right, its not BI 4.0.

Thanks,

Bidya

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI 3.0 is very old version. I am not sure why you planning to install BO 3.0, SAP also stopped supporting this product. So i suggest installing latest BO versions 4.0 or 4.1

What is your server OS? May be the server you are installing does not support by BO 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. Finally I installed BO 4.1 and its working fine.

Thanks,

Bidya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

yuvarajponnusamy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Try with creating both odbc 32 bit and 64 bit.Also check the DB user credentials for CMS DB.

Thanks,

Yuvaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also please confirm ..what product version have you installed? For BI 4.x series you need to create a 64 bit ODBC connection; where as for XI 3.x series 32 bit ODBC is require.

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • The 32-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64 folder.
  • The 64-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\System32 folder.
former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if the connection works fine from ODBC connection? And also check in Event viewer for any errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Jawahar. Yes, I tested the ODBC connection after creating and the test was successful. And event log is full of errors encountered while attempting to start the services.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you create 32 Bit ODBC connection? To open 32 Bit ODBC, open C:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32. Checj your ODBC connection exists there.

And also can you let us know the error your see in event viewr?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created 32 Bit ODBC connection only, and it exists in C:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.

Event viewer is full with errors like following

" The Central Management Server service failed to start due to following error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."