cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit for Incoming Payments in UK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Can you guide me on how to set AUDDIS mandate BACS files in ByD for incoming payments. I am confuse if SEPA mandate is replacement for this?

the following post talk briefly about this but is very old thread so not sure if still relevant?

I have seen in system where you can create SEPA Mandate but not sure if we can also use it for UK only payments. Is SEPA for EU only and we have a separate Direct Debit mandate for UK ONLY?

Kind Regards

Asad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have created a "User-Defined Payment File Format" in configuration and have assigned it to Direct Debit(Authorization for Payer's bank) function for INCOMING payments.

It works fine as allowed me to Run the whole process smoothly but once in Outbound file and I tried to download the File there is nothing in it EMPTY. You can see form the "File Size" 0 Bytes as well.

Any suggestion Please.

Regards

Asad

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Asad,

As per the screenshot, Status of the file is  "In File Creation". So file creation is not yet completed. Hence the file is of 0 Bytes as its not created yet.

Ideally when you trigger the file creation for the payment from payment monitor, and if everything is fine (i.e settings, format) it should be displayed in status : "In Release" under the Outbound files view which you can Release or Discard.

Basically, one reason could be file have some invalid content and it failed to create or another reason could be background processing for file creation is stuck.

Can you report incident so that we can have a look on why file status remains "In File creation"

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal

Yes The file is in "In File Creation" mode But I think it is because of "User created File format" as I have assigned my own created/Custom file format in the configuration.

I believe that  it has to do with setting and format of the file used as when I assign SAP file format for same payments the File do get released and nothing is wrong with it.

So its only with custom format that I get this error and I have played with it but somehow NOT able to adjust the settings in "Direct debit" in fine tuning section.

Thanks for your suggestions

Asad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

We are still struggling to work out this scenario and yet not much progress is being made.

We are expecting the BYD system to generate an output files (.csv) which we can feed into our ALLBACS software to process the direct-debit transactions [Including such actions as setup of new direct debit instructions through AUDDIS, and collection of subsequent payments)

The help system describes scenarios for SEPA, but no reference to UK direct-debit.

Joining the gaps, we are assuming the process is something along the lines of:

1. MyBank > account > setup with Direct Debit as a payment method
  2. Customer also enabled for Direct debit
  3. Execute a payment run, and check/approve automatic payments
  4. Transfer to the bank – Payment Monitor View > Ready to transfer, then Bank Transactions > Create Payment file

Or….

Create the output CSV file. Payment Management > Periodic Tasks > Payment Media Runs

And this is our first attempt, where we get stuck around payment runs.  No matter what we have tried, our bank account (we have tried several) does not seem to support Direct Debit as the payment method.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Asad

0 Kudos

Hello Asad,

for me it looks like you have not maintained a payment format for the house bank.

Please check, that you have maintained in the tab "Payment Formats" of the My Bank UI a format, that support Direct Debit. If you e.g. select "SEPA Direct Debit", then you can select for the bank account the payment method "Sepa Direct Debit". When you choose the German Format "DE DTAUS" (then the method "Direct Debit" and "Direct Debit (Authorization for Payer's Bank)" come up.

So if you select the correct format, then you will be able to select direct debit as payment method.

Best regards.

Marlene Katzschner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marlene

Thank you for your reply. Actually we have mange to sort the problem out late yesterday and I was about to Post it here as it is STRANGE outcome at least from my knowledge.

Yes the issue was around the "Payment Format" for house bank when we chose "SEPA Direct debit" we could get SEPA DD in Payment Method but we needed simple DD payment method for UK only customers and once we selected 3 Payment formats for as described for UK we could not get any "direct debit" option.

But we tried one option for New Zealand and it gave us Direct debit option in Payment Methods hence we could complete our process for TESTING purpose.

But do You think its NORMAL that we can select "Payment Format" for foreign countries for UK? and execute our Payments here.

Will that NOT have any effect on let's say on Output File Format?

thank you

Kind Regards

Asad

0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

maybe I did not get the complete background of your requirement.

In the tab "Payment Format" of "My Bank" you configure, which formats your bank does support. The idea is that you select a standard format and create with the payment media run a payment file, that can be uploaded by the bank. Certain payment methods are supported by the formats SAP delivers.

The UK BACS format does only support "Domestic bank transfer" and "Domestic wire transfer".

Predelivered country independed formats that support direct debits are e.g.

"SAP COLL PAYORDREQ XML Payment" and "Manual Payment" (if you do not create payment files). Please test, if this helps for your use case. If not, you have the possibility to create your own payment format. With this you can define your own structure that is created.

Best regards

Marlene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Marlene

Thanks again. I think we are moving in right direction.

Yes I have tested it and we do need Payment files for our Use case.

1: I am still not sure if we can Select foreign "Payment Format" for our Bank? will that be OK to execute Payment runs? It has allowed me to go through.

2: Can you describe bit more how we can create our own "Payment Format" as this is what can be very useful for our Use case and I have no idea how to go about.

thanks a lot for your guidance.

Regards

Asad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am aware of Creating User define payment file structure for out going payments.

But we are interesting for Incoming payments and so can we create a file structure for Incoming payments?

thanks

regards

Asad

0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

payment file is for self-initiated payments. These can be bank transfer, wire transfers, direct debits, outgoing checks, bill of exchange, etc.

Foreign-initiated payments (e.g. incoming bank transfers triggered by a customer) can be uploaded only as bank statement items or as payment advises.

For your use case the customer specific payment file for payment procedure "Direct Debit" would be the right solution.

Best regards

Marlene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marlene

Thank you for your reply.

I think we are going to move on these lines as it seems to be right approach. Will keep you posted if we are stuck.

Best regards

Asad