Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP adapter : generating certificates

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In our project we have file to file scenarios were we are using SFTP adapter.

The authentication has to be done uding keys.

The adapter has been installed properly I can see it in nwa-> component info.

PI will be picking up files form SFTP server.

I am confused If I should be sharing PI public keys from them or they will give their public keys to me.

I am refering document,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/305eeb5b-81e7-2f10-d8aa-9216de04c...

But, I am not able to find any keys under Configuration ->Certificates and Keys for SFTP adapter.

Does it automatically comes over there or do we need to create them?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

--> Keys will not be configured automatically.PI/Basis consultant has to be imported into NWA under Certifcates or Keys.

--> As your interface is File To File make sure that you have the proper keys exchanged between you(PI) and Partner systems

--> Once Keys are deployed use the key authentication in both sender and receiver SFTP adapters and select the relevant keys from input help.

Thanks

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan,

PI will take or drop files from SFTP server, then PI needs to generate cert and give it to them or they will generate and give it to PI.

And if PI needs to give them the certs then how to create them in PI.Are thye not readily available in PI nwa?

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If PI is initiating connection to the partner systems then you need the certificate from the partners which needs to be deployed in NWA.

Thanks

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan,

But the thing which I am finding confusing is that , the target server SFTP team has given me their public key and in PI SFTP server we have authentication options : password or private key.

"private key" >> means the private key generated by PI?

please see the attached scree shot:

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan,

But the thing which I am finding confusing is that , the target server SFTP team has given me their public key and in PI SFTP server we have authentication options : password or private key.

"private key" >> means the private key generated by PI?

please see the attached scree shot:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

refer below blog :

Public Key: 

• Your public key is used by all your business partners to encrypt a message when sending that message to you.  Therefore, you must send the public key to your partners first.
  • Your partner’s public key is used to verify the digital signature in the message when you receive that message from your business partner.  Therefore, your partner must send you his public key first.

Private Key:

• Your private key is used to decrypt a message when receiving it from your partner.  Your business partner will use your public key to encrypt the message.
  • Your private key is used to digitally sign a message when sending it to your business partner.  Your business partner will use your public key to verify the digital signature

- Harshit

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are using the Key for Authentication purpose.

if it is Authentication purpose you can select the Authentication Mode Private key.

Regards

Srinivas