cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding function changes in sap backend system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I would like to check if we can alter functions and its actions/permissions in SAP back end and transport it across landscape.

This is needed as we customize the rule set and its difficult to validate the risk analysis changes directly in production when its made via nwbc.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen, Prasant and Ameet for your help.

Let me try this in sandbox and see how it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

In this case, better you do the required changes in backend first and then get the new/modified rule sets transported to the follow-on systems.

Make sure to generate the modified custom SoD rule sets before you capture in TR and you need to generate the same in all the follow-on systems as well.

Let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Can I go and change values in tables like GRACTFUNCTACT ?

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

When you maintain the function via NWBC or use mass upload functionality you will update that table (function to actions mappings). You can change the SAP delivered rules or build your own.

You can transport your rules (remember to generate after changing). Have a look in the IMG menu for the option

If you are trying to change control your functions to validate them, have you considered activating workflow?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late response.

I'm not sure about work flow activation. Can you provide some links or share some information ?

My concern is it fine to change standard tables GRACFUNCPRM/GRACFUNCACT ?

Regards,

Anil

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are able to make changes directly, and all change records are recorded no issue with Audit.

Your call.

Ask basis to transport all relevant tables.

just curios never tried it though.. ruleset will be generated .

but yes you can transport only tables.

Regards,

Prasant

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

If you maintain a Function definition then you are updating those tables (Function to Action (transactions) and Function to Permission (Authorisations) tables). So the answer is YES

If you are asking if you should maintain directly in Production Vs Transport then the answer would be DEPENDS - what is your company process

If you are asking if you can maintain the SAP delivered rule set (activate via BC SETS) then the answer is DEPENDS. Again, it comes back to your company business process. You would then need to consider how you manage any future recommendations from SAP if they update their rule sets

But again, those tables is where you store function definitions so of course you can maintain them.

Regards

Colleen